Question about centrifuge??

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Question about centrifuge??

Postby curbill4 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 pm

I am running a small centrifuge on my system. I have it installed on top of a 55 gallon drum. When I try to use it it starts up fine but then within a coupla minutes the bowl fills up with oil and the centrifuge stops draining. I prefilter my oil thru 4 socks down to 5 micron. I am heating the oil to 140-160. I have plenty of pressure but the small holes plug up real quick. As anyone drilled out there centrifuge? I am refering to the small holes that the oil is supposed to shoot thru. I have to disassemble the unit and use a small #63 letter drill to open the oils. As soon as I do that the oil emptys out.
curbill4

Re: Question about centrifuge??

Postby SunWizard » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I need more info to understand, what model CF? If its pressure driven, the bowl (rotor) is always full when the pump is running.

Don't drill out the holes, they are >300 microns so your pre filter must not be working if they plug. I only use a 300 micron screen (slightly finer than window screen) for a pre filter and never get plugged.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Re: Question about centrifuge??

Postby curbill4 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:48 pm

It is a Spinner 11 by Hudgins takes 40psi to spin. The bowl does not drain when you shut it down. After prefiltering I heat the oil up and pump it thru sock filters and then I use the Spinner. My final sock is a 5 micron and before I hooked up the Spinner, I have put a total of over 100,000 on wvo in SO FL. After reading all of the people using a centrifuge I figured it must be better than just with the sock filters. Its frustrating when you can not get something to work. I just figured those little jets were plugging up to quickly.
curbill4

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion