2nd gen Cummins blending?

Single Tank WVO systems and blending SVO WVO to thin it.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

2nd gen Cummins blending?

Postby zachmaxon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:52 pm

I’m wondering about summer blending in a 2nd gen Cummins. I have Sun’s set-up in my truck right now but have come to realize my tank is WAY too big for my needs. I’ll have to sell it and get a smaller one later. Until then, I’d like to do a modest single tank blend. Stock lift pump and IP in the truck, very resilient.
I have a lot of good oil right now, no water and filtered to 2 microns, that I could use for a single tank blend this spring/summer when the weather’s HOT. Any thoughts as to what I should blend it with. I don’t need to blend a high WVO%. If it’s good WVO would %20 be appropriate in very nice weather? I could even run it through the heated filter and 40 plate FPHE, although it wouldn’t get up to temp for about 5 miles or so...

any suggestions?
zachmaxon

Re: 2nd gen Cummins blending?

Postby SunWizard » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:42 am

I would still use the 2 tank setup since you have it, and just don't fill up the huge tank, so that the WVO doesn't sit in it for months giving it a chance to poly.

On my Mercedes, I run V80 blends all the time its above 20F and this would probably work on yours too. But its more risky than 2 tank. It depends on the type and quality of your WVO what % works best.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Single Tank Systems and Blending