Help! I think my fuel system is contaminated

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Re: Help! I think my fuel system is contaminated

Postby jessesaur » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm

I believe my problem is solved! I got a 12 volt fuel filter and placed it just after the lift pump. I ran it for a minute before starting the car and it fired right up, fuel was squirting everywhere from the loosened injector lines(maybe I loosened them a little too much?). Before I changed that deteriorated fuel line, there was smokey exhaust and air bubbling in the clear filter. Now those symptoms have cleared up and the car is running better than ever. I can even switch all my valves in any combination I please and the engine doesn't seem to notice.

Now I'm not sure if I should keep the pump as part of the system or if it will even like veg. The car is starting great without it now.

Since that whole air leak thing seemed to coincide with putting the veg in the tank, I don't know if my veg is bad! Better safe than sorry I guess.
Last edited by jessesaur on Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jessesaur

Re: Help! I think my fuel system is contaminated

Postby jessesaur » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:07 pm

I just wanted to share one more symptom for anyone this may help. A big sign that I had an air leak was that after sitting for a while, the clear fuel filter would be completely empty even though it was full before. This problem cleared up after I replaced the deteriorated line. This satisfied me that the air leak problem was solved even if I was still having trouble bleeding the system.
jessesaur

Previous

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion