2005 mercedes cdi

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

2005 mercedes cdi

Postby Maddasher » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Has anyone converted one besides Ray at veg oil controllers . Because mine is a little off. But man it sure looks good. I installed a tank in the trunk (36 gallons) I ran coolant line under the underbody covers. The FPHE and the Raptor fuel pump and the veg filter are mounted under the drivers side headlight.

System also has 3 valve to relocate the fuel. 1. is for fuel selection veg or diesel. 2. is for return to the diesel tank or to behind the veg filter. 3. diesel loop so that I do not have to shut the diesel pump off.

System also have a Common Rail electric heater. Whole system gets 190 degree everywhere. I have the coolant in series i.e. out of the engine to the fphe to the filter to the tank and then back to the egr.

My problem is that it dies when I switch over. This is because the fuel pump does not have enough fuel pressure when I flip the switch. If I turn the car off and flip the switch then start it in veg mode with the engine already hot if fires right up assuming that I left the key on for 20 second to build up pressure in the system before it tries to start.

I was going to put a switch in it that turn the veg pump on separtely from the rest of the system. Then I can turn on the pump wait 20 seconds then turn on the rest of the grease system.
Maddasher

Re: 2005 mercedes cdi

Postby Maddasher » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:12 pm

I changed my system up a little bit. I removed the Raptor fuel pump that leaked at the seals. I installed a Ford PSD 7.3 lift pump and it seems to be working good.
Maddasher

Postby Maddasher » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:51 pm

I removed the Ford Powerstroke pump and installed a $500 Raw Power Pump and it has never run better. Just finished a long trip 2400 miles and still works great.
Maddasher

Postby alexanderfoti » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:29 am

Sounds greaT!
alexanderfoti

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion