Gerotor Fuel Pump

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Gerotor Fuel Pump

Postby dougcullen » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:07 pm

I have 93 F250, I've been using a Holley Red Electric fuel pump, its a vane style pump, which doesn't work well for veg, i'd like to get a gerotor style fuel pump, anyone have any recommendations for particular pumps ?
dougcullen

Re: Gerotor Fuel Pump

Postby Maddasher » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:48 pm

I purchased a Raw Power Fuel pump for my 2005 Mercedes E320 CDI which I needed 60 psi without blowing the seals so I ordered the 75 psi version and it runs 59 psi which works for me. It is a great pump, my first was a Raptor Pump that never worked right and died after 50 gallons of SVO (blew the seals) the second was a Ford PSD pump that worked better but stopped making pressure after about 3000 miles.

Downside of the raw power pump was it was $500. Ouch!
Maddasher

Re: Gerotor Fuel Pump

Postby 777funk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Maddasher wrote:I purchased a Raw Power Fuel pump for my 2005 Mercedes E320 CDI which I needed 60 psi without blowing the seals so I ordered the 75 psi version and it runs 59 psi which works for me. It is a great pump, my first was a Raptor Pump that never worked right and died after 50 gallons of SVO (blew the seals) the second was a Ford PSD pump that worked better but stopped making pressure after about 3000 miles.

Downside of the raw power pump was it was $500. Ouch!

I have a NAPA (Carter made in USA) P74028 fuel pump on my Ford Powerstroke and it's working great so far (at 55-60 psi with the upgraded Fuel Pressure Regulator spring I have in there from ebay). The pump is designed to supply up to 100 psi I believe. This has been a great pump. It's a little noisy but other than that no complaints. It's a Gerotor style.

I bought a cheap PSD pump off of ebay from Global Automotive and it failed pretty quickly. Napa's is around $100 but seems to do the trick so far (about 6 months old now).
777funk

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion