coal diesel enging

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

coal diesel enging

Postby bs bom » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 pm

I have been thinking the coal diesel engine for a long time.
I happened to read many patents concerning the coal diesel engine. It is not a dream now.
If we succeed in coal diesel engine, the energy supply will be more convenient throughout the entire world.
However I am wondering whether the injection, piston ring and other engine parts can endure the hardness of the coal water slurry.
I hope the more users are interested in this subject, the faster our dream can realized in reality. :D :D :D
bs bom

Re: coal diesel enging

Postby David » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 pm

You'll send Galt into a spin doctoring Frenzy at the suggestion of a coal fired engine!
He maintains that Nuke power is safer and cleaner than coal. Conveniently he also totally disregards the nuke accidents and scale and damage thereof to maintain how wonderful it is.

I don't see much hope for coal powered Vehicles. Liquid fuels have a muck higher energy density and are much easier to handle. Also any new fuel will have to fit into the existing infrastructure of fuel handling as the fuel companies won't want to spend Billions on a complete re-structure of their existing systems.

The bottom line is though, while ever there is a buck to be made in oil and until something more profitable comes along, No fuel no matter how clean, efficient, cheap, good for the environment etc, oil will be here to stay. Any thought of mainstream alternative fuels while oil is still profitable is just kidding oneself.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Re: coal diesel enging

Postby coachgeo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 am

David wrote:You'll send Galt into a spin doctoring Frenzy at the suggestion of a coal fired engine!
He maintains that Nuke power is safer and cleaner than coal. Conveniently he also totally disregards the nuke accidents and scale and damage thereof to maintain how wonderful it is.

I don't see much hope for coal powered Vehicles. Liquid fuels have a muck higher energy density and are much easier to handle. Also any new fuel will have to fit into the existing infrastructure of fuel handling as the fuel companies won't want to spend Billions on a complete re-structure of their existing systems.

The bottom line is though, while ever there is a buck to be made in oil and until something more profitable comes along, No fuel no matter how clean, efficient, cheap, good for the environment etc, oil will be here to stay. Any thought of mainstream alternative fuels while oil is still profitable is just kidding oneself.

See new thread on nearly 100yr old locomotive was coverted to wvo
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database