Anyone using electric tank selector valves?

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Anyone using electric tank selector valves?

Postby Rkmcdon » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm going to use sunwizards 2 tank diagram for my land cruiser wvo conversion. I would really prefer having electric selector valves. As Im reading, I only seem to come across people using manual valves. I assume this is to reduce the chance of failure at the selector valves, which is my preference, but switching 3 manual valves while driving seems a lot less appealing than flipping 3 switches.

So, Is anyone using electric valves? Are there other reasons I've not mentioned for avoiding the electric valves? For anyone using electric valves, can all 3 valves be wired to 1 switch?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Rodney
1969 FJ55 Project - Planned: 4bt swap, spring over, locking diffs, 35" BFG MT's and of course...veggie power!
Rkmcdon

Re: Anyone using electric tank selector valves?

Postby merk » Wed May 07, 2014 9:01 am

I use 2 electric WVO design valves, operating on one switch and a timed purge rely setup. I was using 2 switches, but needed the realestate on my dash for heated seat switches. Plus i wanted to simplify my purge. No counting to 30 then switching off the second switch.....or forgetting to turn off...
Merk
03 TDI 12 gal marine tank in trunk w/copper heat excahnger no intank connections, coolant heated copper coiled fuel filter, HIH, two 3 port fuel valves
merk

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion