Dieselcraft OC-20 mount clogged!

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Dieselcraft OC-20 mount clogged!

Postby every1elsesdoinit » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Hey folks, thanks in advance for some help with this.

I have a dieselcraft OC-20 that worked perfectly for me for a couple years. And then I moved into a couple places where I didn't really have room to filter oil (and I stopped driving). The other day I got some oil and wanted to clean it, so I pulled out all my old equipment. Unfortunately I'm not always the most forward looking human, so I had stored the dieselcraft in a less than ideal situation. When I pulled out the dieselcraft it was VERY gelled with old oil.

I washed and scrubbed it with dish soap as best I could and then put it back together and turned on the pump. And nothing came out. Ok so then I removed the cover and the centrifuge bowl, put a salad dressing container over the remaining rod sticking up and turned the pump back on. And nothing. So then I removed the check valve bolt and spring, cleaned it out as best I could, put the bolt back in without the spring and turned the pump back on. And nothing....

There's a pressure gauge immediately before the dieselcraft that's reading 40psi. One - maybe not both - of the inline pipe heaters is definitely on. If I remove the centrifuge oil will come out of the pipe that connects to the centrifuge mount. So there must be a clog somewhere in the centrifuge mount. I soaked the whole body in hot water and dish soap last night and tried to get any sort of pipe cleaner into the centrifuge mount inlet, but it's not the easiest place to scrub out.

Does anyone have any ideas for de-clogging the centrifuge mount? Maybe something to soak it in that specifically eats VO? Or perhaps someone has a household tool that's just perfect for getting into the OC-20 mount inlet? I'm running out of ideas here...
West Coast
1991 Ford B600 Schoolbus
6.6L Turbodiesel running on 2 tank VO
Hotfox pickup, TIH fuel line, coolant wrapped filter, 26 plate FPHE, temp and pressure sensors

You all are lifesavers
every1elsesdoinit

Re: Dieselcraft OC-20 mount clogged!

Postby every1elsesdoinit » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Ok I can report back that I put the mount in a tub of purple super clean for 24 hours. After that and then heating the oil pretty hot, it finally came sputtering back to life. Someone on biodiesel infopop said that they heated the mount gently with a blowtorch in order to melt the oil. I would imagine that would've worked as well, but I didn't have a blowtorch on hand at the time.
West Coast
1991 Ford B600 Schoolbus
6.6L Turbodiesel running on 2 tank VO
Hotfox pickup, TIH fuel line, coolant wrapped filter, 26 plate FPHE, temp and pressure sensors

You all are lifesavers
every1elsesdoinit

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering