Do i need the "return valve"??

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Do i need the "return valve"??

Postby norwaycummins » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi guys.

I am new to the forum and am in the middle of a wvo conversion of a 1997 Dodge ram 12 valve up here in Norway.Will post pictures later..
I have been using SunWizards drawing to build from, and have the following question: If i connect the return line directly to the veg tank, can i skip the return valve all together? The amount of return diesel when running on diesel is not much, i have a big 250 liter tank on the bed, it would take years to fill this with return diesel. And adding alittle heated diesel in the veg tank can only help thinning the veg as well right? Please let me know if this is possible or i there is something i am not thinking about.

Tom
norwaycummins

Re: Do i need the "return valve"??

Postby SunWizard » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm

The IP return varies with rpm and load, but is 1 gallon per minute at 2000 rpm. You may be thinking of the injector drain return which is just a few drips. They both need to be teed together and returned to the proper tank. I consider $4.00 per minute to be a huge waste, with a good heated system like this there is no need to dilute the WVO.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Re: Do i need the "return valve"??

Postby White99z » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:26 pm

I would say absolutely that it's needed. SunWizard designed the system, so take his advice! It's only $15-25 for the valve plus fittings, line, etc. Probably $50 extra to do it the right way and you don't have to worry about it 8)
White99z

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion