Would a large CF enable me to accept dirtier WVO?

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Would a large CF enable me to accept dirtier WVO?

Postby BigRedWeather » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:35 pm

I have filtered my WVO with a DieselCraft OC-20 CF for 6 years. I have seen many videos of the large volumes of gunk one of the CFs can take out of oil (Simple, Raw Power, AbsoluteCentrifuge, etc.). Getting good oil is getting harder to find in my area. Currently, I only get oil from very very clean restaurants, restaurants that change their frying oil every day. Would one of these CFs enable me accept dirtier oil and still put qualilty clean oil in my truck?

Thanks,

BigRedWeather
BigRedWeather

Re: Would a large CF enable me to accept dirtier WVO?

Postby SunWizard » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:42 am

That depends on which CF you get, and how you run it. The ones you list are slightly faster than the OC-20, but at a much higher cost. The larger the diameter and rpm, the higher the G force. The amount removed is determined by G-force x time in bowl, and temp. The OC-20 makes 2000 G so it removes particles 2000x faster than simple settling, but only on the WVO that is near the outside of the bowl at a time. Somebody should run a side-by-side comparison on the same WVO and measure the amount of gunk removed, since its too hard to compare by calculation alone.

You can also leave the OC-20 run longer to remove more from dirty WVO, so you can get the same quality output with any CF if you run it for the right time and flow rate.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering