$200 centrifuge?

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

$200 centrifuge?

Postby ecojetta » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:16 am

Here is an email I got from Industrial Diesel - has anyone used this CF?

Our centrifuges use oil pressure to drive a turbine assembly at high speeds. Oil enters the turbine bowl under pressure and exists via 2 opposing jets. The force of the oil existing the jets causes the bowl to spin and gravity forces ALL the particles to the outside wall allowing clean oil to return to the tank, particles as small as 1/10th of a micron are removed. Unlike a regular filter element that removes solids by size, the centrifuge removes solids by weight therefore can remove the particles filter elements ignore.

This is the ultimate filtration system and the good news is ........ no filter elements to purchase, change or dispose of.

The most popular models for cleaning small batches of WVO is our model FF25LE and FT60LE.

The model FF25LE has a flow of 60 usg/hr. and a dirt holding capacity of 250 cc. For 55 gal. of WVO and based on 4 passes, it will take aprox. 4.0 hrs. to process.
The model FF60LE has a flow of 120 usg/hr and a dirt holding capacity of 600 cc. For 55 gal. of WVO and based on 4 passes, it will take aprox. 2.0 hrs. to process.

Depending on the amount of debris in the oil, we recommend all the oil passes through the centrifuge at least twice.

Pricing:
Model FF25LE $185.00
Model FF60LE $215.00
Funds: US Dlrs
Delivery: Stock
Shipping: FF25LE $10.00 FF60LE $15.00

To order, please complete the attached electronic form and email or fax it to us or call 1-800-668-4835 to place your order.

For your convenience we accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and PayPal.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Regards

David

Industrial Diesel Products Inc.
Toronto, ON. Canada.
Tel: 905-362-0423 Toll Free 1-800-668-4835
Fax: 905-362-5015 Toll Free 1-800-668-7450
http://www.dieselproducts.com
04 Jetta TDI with Greasecar 2 tank kit
ecojetta

Postby SunWizard » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:31 am

Yes there are some people using that brand of CF, it works about the same as a dieselcraft (DC). Discussed in This thread on infopop

There are minor differences like the nickel on DC versus zinc plating, and larger bearings on the DC, and no low pressure cutoff on them. The low pressure cutoff saves having to turn another ball valve to use the CF pump as a transfer pump when its finished.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby BMW Fan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:38 am

Canadian customers should be aware that they have different prices for
US customers and Canadian customers.
Canadians are asked to pay more !
Check before you order.

BMW Fan
BMW Fan

Postby PSeyle » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:35 am

The FilterFuge centrifuge that Industrial Diesel products sells is working well for several people already. Its made in the UK and patterned after a more expensive centrifuge that lost it's patent.

It's probably no better than the Dieselcraft, but will clean your Veg Oil just the same. I'm hooking mine up now.
PSeyle

centrifuge

Postby sacveggieguy » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:13 am

I just got mine so ill let you know how it works.

Thanks Paul aka Sacveggieguy
To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby FlyboyDVIII » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:50 am

Yes, I have used one of thier FF60s some, over 2600 gallons threw a FF60 since 10-07.
93, F250, 7.3, N/A, WVO since 5-06 over 147K so far, 2wd, ext cab, 100 gal. tank, DIY system. 10psi 23A FASS w/ ProComp regulator.

FilterFuge FF60 CF, over 22,300 gal. spun
FlyboyDVIII

Postby Welder » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:12 am

FlyboyDVIII wrote:Yes, I have used one of thier FF60s some, over 2600 gallons threw a FF60 since 10-07.

Are you satisfied with the CFs performance, Flyboyd?
"Is there anybody out there?"

Roger Waters
Welder

Postby FlyboyDVIII » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Welder wrote:
FlyboyDVIII wrote:Yes, I have used one of thier FF60s some, over 2600 gallons threw a FF60 since 10-07.

:D :D :DYes Totaly satisfied, over 2700 gallons so far, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wish I had put it together in octof 06 when i found out about sunwizards thread. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . I am glad I waited thou, it alowed me to find the filterfuge brand and that saved me $$, I havn't used a filter bag since I started spinning oil. I wouldn't own 2 if I wasn't satisfied with the first one.
93, F250, 7.3, N/A, WVO since 5-06 over 147K so far, 2wd, ext cab, 100 gal. tank, DIY system. 10psi 23A FASS w/ ProComp regulator.

FilterFuge FF60 CF, over 22,300 gal. spun
FlyboyDVIII

Postby Welder » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:59 am

FlyboyDVIII wrote:
Welder wrote:

:D :D :DYes Totaly satisfied, over 2700 gallons so far, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wish I had put it together in octof 06 when i found out about sunwizards thread. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . I am glad I waited thou, it alowed me to find the filterfuge brand and that saved me $$, I havn't used a filter bag since I started spinning oil. I wouldn't own 2 if I wasn't satisfied with the first one.

Thanks man. I just ordered mine!

Roger Waters
Welder

Postby Welder » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:08 pm

The FF60 just arrived.

Since I'm having a bit of a challenge finding a place to set up my planned WVO refinery, I may build an on board "Holy Grail" type system.

I'm not sure how much heat I can steal from my coolant without eventually ending up reducing my engines efficiency to the point of suffering ring coking.

Maybe exhaust heat?

Roger Waters
Welder

Postby David » Thu May 01, 2008 1:46 am

You needn't worry about over cooling the engine if you have a correctly working thermostat. I take it you are going to be doing this while the vehicle is stationary? if so, warm the engine up, leave it at a fast idle and then start the pump to heat your oil. The idling itself will be more danger than over cooling the engine.

If you intend doing it while the vehicle is moving, you can steal all the heat that big radiator out front normally dumps which is going to be far more than your HE could even get near.

I wouldn't even bother with the idea of exhaust heat. It could work very well but as you have extremely high "safety" standards, anything that you would be happy with would require more complication and hassle than what it could possibly be worth so much better just to stick with the coolant. There is also the LPG heater idea you were looking at before as well and the WVO burner concept you were also interested in.

Maybe best to look at one of these ideas and persue it to fruition rather than thinking of every potential problem for every idea you come up with. I'm really keen to see you get something practical happening to put the huge amount of research and learning you have done to good use!

Do you have a link as to where you got the CF from and what pump are you planing to drive it with?
:D

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby BMW Fan » Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 am

Jeff got his centrifuge from "FilterFuge "

http://www.dieselproducts.com/spinclean ... izing.html

Using his trucks engine " stationary " can't be called very economic and environmentally friendly.
We all know that app. 1/2 HP electrical motor does a perfect job.
Using a truck engine is like shooting a sparrow with a cannon.
What about the neighborhood in an apartment area?
Do you think they appreciate a truck idling for hours?
He would be better of if he just copies my centrifuge cart.
Or he really goes for the Holy Grail which will delay his use of veggie oil for indefinite time.

BMW Fan

http://www.crawldog.com/klausold/
BMW Fan

Postby PSeyle » Thu May 01, 2008 9:32 am

BMW fan,
I don't think he was planning on idling for hours, probably on the road filtration for long trips etc (I'm only guessing).

Your filtration cart is awesome looking. Being a 110V setup I assume this was designed for garage use. But where is the oil kept? Surely one needs more than 3 quarts of oil filtered at a time?!

-Preston
PSeyle

Postby BMW Fan » Thu May 01, 2008 10:09 am

PSeyle wrote:BMW fan,
I don't think he was planning on idling for hours, probably on the road filtration for long trips etc (I'm only guessing).

Your filtration cart is awesome looking. Being a 110V setup I assume this was designed for garage use. But where is the oil kept? Surely one needs more than 3 quarts of oil filtered at a time?!

-Preston

Well, if he's not idling for hours how would he maintain flow and pressure ?
My answer was in relation to David’s guess.
I m sure Jeff has his own opinions and will let us know.

I'd say you could use the cart wherever 110 Volt are available.
You are the very first asking this question :)
Just joking.
Selling a storage tank does not make since.
Works like all the homemade applications.
Hook up the cart to a heated tank and you are ready to go.
Features like a timer and buzzer ( if CF is full ) are included and I haven’t seen on other versions.

BMW Fan
BMW Fan

Postby David » Sat May 03, 2008 5:35 pm

Welder wrote:
There, are you two guys happy now?

P.S. David, I don't determine safety standards, I try to concieve of the safest possible systems so that enforcement officials will have no issues with my stuff if I ever get pulled over roadside. I could care less what you think of my ideas as you haven't offered to pay any potential fines I may get for sloppy safety measures.

I shouldn't even have to ask you this, but please don't bait me with veiled insults like "you have extremely high "safety" standards , anything you would be happy with would require more complication and hassle than what it could possibly be worth". Are you a safety consultant?

I don't like running off to the moderators to tattle on a troll because it seems cowardly, almost as cowardly as throwing the first literary punch down a looooong wire. Options are limited though...

Your writing style seems suspiciously similar another writer I read....

Welder,

There was no insult intended or meant. Any reasonable person that has read your posts could do nothing but come to the conclusion you have nothing but high safety standards as it is clearly a constant concern you express through a very high percentage of your posts. It is apparent to anyone reading your comments that you are not satisfied with what a lot of people do and are always looking for ways to do thing that you feel offer less chance of mishap. What is it you said a while back? can't beats won't? No one would ever accuse you of being slap happy or doing things by halves and taking risks. If one were to read back through your posts you constantly and continuely express concerns about what many other people are doing happily and try to think of ways to remove elements of risk that you perceive. That is well documented and completely inarguable.

Through your own comments and concerns, How any person come to a conclusion of anything OTHER than you have high safety standards and why do you perceive anyone acknowledging this well established fact as being baiting or some sort of insult?

As far as my comment of adding more complication than what using exhaust heat was worth, I stand by that comment 110%!!

An exhaust heat setup would take a lot of doing to get it to work directly. You would obviously want to add heat exchangers running water, pumps, probably thermostats and I can't even imagine what else. I myself would want safety devices on the systems that you are putting on there to address your other safety concerns so such a system could not possibly be described as practical or anything else BUT more trouble than what it was worth. Had you have gone down that road I am sure that the first thing people would have told you was there were easier, more practical ways to achieve what you were trying to do.

You stated several times that you would not be comfortable running oil through a LPG water heater which would be a commercially made item with many inbuilt safety features not to mention having a quality of construction that a manufactured product would require. If you are not happy with heating your oil with something like that, have a think about what it would take for you to get an exhaust heat setup to a standard you ( or whoever) were content with!!

There are simply much easier, practical, cheaper and appropriate ways of trying to achieve what you want to do. I have tried to help you with suggestions and links to different things, but to be honest ( and you can take this anyway you like) I can't imagine there is anything at all that will satisfy you. I am genuinely interested to see you do something practical as I feel I must be able to learn something myself and gain an understanding as to how things can be done by someone that has such a different outlook to myself and I say that in all sincerity and honesty.
I get an idea, have a quick think and go do it and then evaluate it's performance and safety, obviously you are a thinker and plan a whole lot more carefully before you do anything. After the years of questions you have asked on forums and have told me directly to the effect that you are trying to reduce any risks associated with what you are doing, I'm now thinking after so much research whatever you do is going to have to be something to be seen and I'm keen to see how you do it!

What I said was not Baiting or insulting, it was a straight out statement of fact and if you want to read anything else into it, that's a product of your own personal insecurities and I'll thank you not to let them lead you to making false accusations as to my intentions.
Just to make sure there is no more misunderstandings, I will try to avoid making any more comments to you that can be misconstrued.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Next

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering