Suggestions for purchasing a CF

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Suggestions for purchasing a CF

Postby leafylief » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:22 am

Hello, I've got my rig, I've got my kit for a 2 tank system (which is half installed), I've got my restaurants and collection methods! Wow, this has been a good project so far.

I've got a rotary pump and the cubbies, as well as 2 55gallon drums, I'll be doing a pre-filter with settling, possibly using heat to dehumidify in a metal barrel, and a heat strap. Still looking into those methods. In the meantime I'd like a centrifuge to be in the mail. Ideally I'd find something in the $200-$300 range. Is that doable? Suggestions on brands? Warranties? Etc?

Furthermore, what are thoughts on a 10um fuel filter? Should I go for a 1um? Should I prefilter to go easy on the centrifuge? I planned on using the final filter with rotary pump to pump in my tank.
leafylief

Re: Suggestions for purchasing a CF

Postby SunWizard » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 am

See my post about the dieselcraft CF that is the one I like. No pre-filter needed. No heat needed except while CFing. 10 micron when pump to tank is good, anything finer may be hard to pump by hand.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering