Sprinter recommendations?

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Sprinter recommendations?

Postby soshea00 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm looking for a sizeable delivery van for my farm and am starting to lean towards a sprinter, but I can't find any decent info on wvo conversions for them. We currently have a ram 2500 with Sunwizard's recommended setup and a Powerstroke van with WVO Designs recommended setup. I love them both, but we need something a bit larger and I am hoping for recommendations on highly reliable and very user friendly set ups, so that my employees won't have to know anything about grease, and I won't have to chase air leaks all the time. All my old mercedes conversions were fraught with air leaks at inopportune times (due to basic and archaic set ups), but my Dodge and my Powerstroke have been very reliable. The powerstroke uses 2 electric fuel pumps, regulated by a pressure switch and a temp switch, and if there ever is an issue, the diesel pump automatically takes over and the driver won't even know anything happened unless they are paying attention to the pressure gauge. I love that set-up and am hoping there exists a similarly graceful approach to a Sprinter. Full disclosure, I know nothing about Sprinters or their fuel delivery systems....whether its a mechanical injection pump, or common rail, or something else. Any tips about specifics for these beasts are very welcome. Thanks in advance,
steve
soshea00

Re: Sprinter recommendations?

Postby beeline » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:19 pm

look for forums in europe/germany, such as fmso.de
i think the same basic two tank system with heat and purging applies.
1996 dodge diesel, 2 tank heated WVO conversion
beeline

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database