Zetor tractor centrifuge information

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Zetor tractor centrifuge information

Postby MrkiMedo » Mon May 23, 2016 7:35 am

In one of the agriculture stores, I have found old stock oil filtering centrifuge for Zetor tractors at bargain price. It seems a bit larger unit than OC-20 (but I have never hold OC-20 in hand so I may be wrong on that), and it has nozzles on the top of the rotor.

Is anyone using this CF and/or has some information on advised pressure and flow?
MrkiMedo

Re: Zetor tractor centrifuge information

Postby MrkiMedo » Sun May 29, 2016 12:46 pm

here are some pic of the CF:

MrkiMedo

Postby SunWizard » Sun May 29, 2016 9:28 pm

That looks like a well made unit. The nozzles in the top is better since it doesn't drain any dirty wet oil at each shutdown. The trick will be learning the pressure and flow rate needed to get it spinning fast enough. The jets look replaceable and the diameter of the jet's hole could be changed to match the pumps you can find.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby MrkiMedo » Mon May 30, 2016 12:08 am

SunWizard wrote:That looks like a well made unit. The nozzles in the top is better since it doesn't drain any dirty wet oil at each shutdown. The trick will be learning the pressure and flow rate needed to get it spinning fast enough. The jets look replaceable and the diameter of the jet's hole could be changed to match the pumps you can find.

It seems it might be of larger capacity kind, it seems kind of large, and it has large intake 18mm banjo bolt.

For now, I am considering following for the pumps:

• some hidraulic pump used on agriculture machines they seem to be high pressure and volume
  • chinese pump + 12V motor combination like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/262150839763?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT if it is enough that would probably the simplest solution
  • original Zetor oil pump - I guess it is right sized by definition. But as far I can see on the pictures available it is driven by the gear, I would need to see if I could replace it with pulley.
MrkiMedo

Postby MrkiMedo » Mon May 30, 2016 3:07 am

from the looks, and rough dimensions it seems similar to this CF:

http://pabiodieselsupply.com/shop/Oil-C ... -Inverted/

mine has different base but the rest seems in many ways similar. I know that there can be many subtle differences that change performance dramatically, but there is also a chance that mine is just eastern block verbatim knock-of copy with roughly the same performance.

I will measure how much fluid my rotor can take to see if that matches the rotor in above linked 120Gph centrifuge (27oz). If that would match, I would probably try to go with 10l/min pump @ 6 bar (or 2Gal/hour @ 85 psi) as my initial guess.

Thanks!
MrkiMedo

Postby SunWizard » Mon May 30, 2016 6:19 pm

The capacity of the rotor doesnt matter, Its only the size of the jets that determines the flow needed. If you can find that somewhere then you could compare better to decide on a pump.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering