2006 VW Jetta TDI

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

2006 VW Jetta TDI

Postby thangwook » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:55 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just stumbled to this forum from reading on the tdiclub forums. Just doing as much learning as I can because you can never know everything.

I bought a used 2006 VW Jetta TDI to drive on WVO with a Greasecar System. I did the install myself back in June 2016. It was a lot of fun and I have learned so much about my car in the process. I am still learning and trying to practice what I've learned. This is an awesome community with so much support. I started at the Greasecar Forum but it is no longer there.

I pick up my WVO from a vietnamese fast food restaurant in 5 gallon buckets. I collect about 15 gallons a week. In each bucket I put a scoop of baking soda so when the restaurant changes out their oil, there is baking soda mixing with the hot oil from the fryer (Brian Miller's idea from the Greasecar Forum). I bring the oil home and let it settle for a week then i pour it in my cold up flow barrel. Oil from the cold upflow barrel goes to a barrel with a 5 micron bag filter, then it goes to the final barrel with a 1 micron filter. In the final barrel, I add in 5 gals of D2 for a 10% mixture. Justin Carven, from Greasecar, recommended I have 5 - 10% D2 to help prevent/slow down poly. From the final barrel, it goes through another 1 micron bag filter then to my WVO tank.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge so newbies like myself can be successful with this cool lifestyle!
2006 VW Jetta TDI
thangwook

Re: 2006 VW Jetta TDI

Postby thangwook » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:20 am

Just an update on my car.

Been running WVO for a whole year now and put on 20,000 miles (85% on WVO)! I bought the car at 115k and now i'm at 135k.

Maintenance since switching
1. Replace all glow plugs and harness. My mechanical said it wasnt WVO related and it was just time to switch them out. Had to replace the harness too because it crumpled to pieces when touched.
2. Replaced a section of the turbo intake pipe. There was a hole in it so I didnt get any boost. My mechanic said it wasnt WVO related either and sometimes things like that happen.
3. I do an oil change every 3k-4k when i find the time.
4. Replaced my rear shocks
5. Swapped my wheels and tires with a 2015 jetta that was going back to VW.

Everything is running good. I've also been filling up with Diesel HPR. I am trying to do my part to be good with our air.
2006 VW Jetta TDI
thangwook

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database