Fully Mobile Filtration Question

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Fully Mobile Filtration Question

Postby TroyHaas » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Hey gang,

I finally completed a longtime dream of owning a WVO rig! Was going to build my own in September, but found an already converted rig on CL and couldn't pass up the deal - 97 7.3L F250 in pristine condition.

Now, prior to the purchase, I had been talking to Golden Fuel Systems about the best way to build an over-the-road rig (as I travel full time for work in the outdoor industry) and essentially what he told me is that as long as I'm getting good fuel and replacing the filters regularly, I should be able to run raw WVO without using a CF or any large setup.

Has this been true in your experience? If so, what collection pump would you recommend?

Thanks,
Troy
TroyHaas

Re: Fully Mobile Filtration Question

Postby SunWizard » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:11 pm

My experience is you wont get good WVO on the road. Mostly the exact opposite, you will have to take any WVO you can find, since it will be all you can find. Dewatering is the hard part, and because water block filters wont work on WVO, thats where a CF is the best. Be sure you are good at doing hot pan tests for water. A small and quiet Honda water pump is my favorite collection pump:
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... aQodIocN9A
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering