Converting an 05 Sprinter

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Converting an 05 Sprinter

Postby yuke » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:50 am

Hello I am a new member here and have recently purchased an 05 T1N Sprinter. This is the first Sprinter I have owned and know nothing about it I want to convert it with a Frybrid kit I bought yrs. ago. I realize he went out of buisness yrs. ago. Is there anyone out there that can advise me how to do this or even help if we are close enough? In the meantime I have been toying with the idea of just blending some wvo with gas and add it too stock tank I blended about 1-1.5 gallons of gas to 3.5-4gallons of wvo to get near the viscosity of diesel which it still did not get to but I would not want to add more gas then that as the owners manual on this vehicle says to never add any gas to the diesel because of the high temp. and pressure it gets injected under the high pressure rail.Do you think it would damage my engine if I blend this 5 gallon mixture into about 15-18 gallons of diesel as I am axious to start burning some wvo in this truck. The way I understand is this engine which is an inline 5 (2.7) liter is a CRDI engine. I know nothing about this system. This does have an EGR valve that is quite troublesome and when it goes cost $400 to fix so at some point I would like to delete this crap I heard for $600 you can purchase some device that would delete it from the computer end of it and you get more power and better fuel milage. Hope to get some replies I have been running wvo in an 85 300SD since 08 with a greasecar kit. Would anyone have a Frybrid manual for a hookup to a Sprinter?
yuke

Re: Converting an 05 Sprinter

Postby SunWizard » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:28 am

I have had bad experiences blending with Gas, even in my 85 mercedes that can burn almost any fuel, I like 20% diesel at 20%. Viscosity is not all that matters, the figure that matters most for diesel engines is the auto-ignition temp, where lower is better: 410F = diesel. RUG is 536F. VO is 690F. This is why adding gas is worse than adding diesel as a thinner.
See this and other threads in the blending section for lots more info:
RUG blending isn't as good......
Recent RUG blending Experiences.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion