Cleaning injectors with solevents

Single Tank WVO systems and blending SVO WVO to thin it.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Cleaning injectors with solevents

Postby denson » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Does anyone think it is possible to clean your injectors with a few tanks of 100% diesel combined with injector cleaning additives?
denson

Postby David » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:22 pm

I think you'd do a lot better using a few tanks of BioDiesel that has known Diesel crud dissolving properties.

Water injection may also be effective in removing deposits on the cylinder side of the injector.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby denson » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:36 pm

My water/methanol injection sysem is already in the works, I was more worried about the inside of the injectors and the inside of the nozzle. I've heard that diesel injector cleaning additives do nothing for VO blend coking. Is that true? Or could I just run high dosages of injector cleaning additives in my blend. Or would I need to run them in straight BioDiesel?
denson

Postby David » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 pm

I'd try the Bio first and save my money on the additives until I saw if the Bio did the job or not.
I can't see anything removing coking deposits from any fuel inside the injector other than physical cleaning but you don't know if that's what you actually have yet do you?

Give the Bio a try and see if it makes any difference if you have an actual problem. If the bio dosen't clear the problem up, I'd probably skip the additives and put the money toward a proper injector service that you know will work, if they need one.

I have seen the use of High octane fuel recommended every so many tanks for petrol cars due to said higher detergent and cleaning properties. For diesel maintainence, I'd suggest a tank of bio every so often may do the exact same thing and be cheaper than the miracles in a bottle.

I have seen loads of people saying they use this additive or another so I'm sure you will get a heap of people telling you to use the additives!

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby coachgeo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:12 am

Lot of people swear by Lubrimolly Diesel Purge. You run the vehicle straight off the stuff; its not a fuel additive. Two options are: put fuel draw and return lines directly into the pint can and run it till its almost empty, or empty your fuel filter of diesel and fill it with L.Molly and reinstall, prime and run it.

its considered an OEM product for VW and MB too if Im not mistaken. Ive only been able to get it from a VW dealer myself last time I looked but that was small town w/few to no diesels auto's in town.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby denson » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I don't have any coking problems yet, my 05 F-350 only has 15k on 100% diesel. It is more of a preventitive maintinence schedule I'm trying to work out. I don't belive in miracles in a bottle either, no magic potion can bring a vehicle or any of it's components back from the dead
denson

Return to Single Tank Systems and Blending