Blending with used motor oil WMO and ATF

Single Tank WVO systems and blending SVO WVO to thin it.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Postby David » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:19 am

There you go!
I was on the right track with my thoughts on reprocessing used oil without knowing it. Thanks for the interesting information John.

Also, I have seen youtube videos of people re-refining wmo into diesel fuel, which IMO would work best. Just use a better condenser than the guy in the video so you're not releasing gobs of unburned hydrocarbons into the air like he was.

I have seen that Video as well and looked at it with great interest. It would seem to me it gives rise to way of processing all oils, Mineral and Veg, into something that would make a High quality fuel.
I would think the process would be fairly straightforward and simple with only the temp regulation being something that would need to be watched.

If the process could be powered by burning some of the base or waste product, the process could be quite efficient. I would think If the vapors coming from the process were vented into the bottom of a vessel containing the finished product and it was cooled below its vapor point, most of that loss could could be avoided.

Even though simple and straightforward, I think a process like this would take a bit of setup but once done, could be a very worthwhile investment.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Previous

Return to Single Tank Systems and Blending