fueln pump

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

fueln pump

Postby djenkins6 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Are these any good? I know the fill-rites come highly recomended but I see some fueln pumps on special and they look nearly the same... http://www.prohoists.com/shopping.idc?P ... ategory=15

David
djenkins6

Postby SunWizard » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't think from looks you can tell if its a cam style like the Fill-rite. You would need to open it up. If its a vane style or impeller pump it won't be as good. I wouldn't buy one just to find out.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby djenkins6 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:09 pm

The only review I could find said this so guess I'll avoid unless anyone else has some good experiences....

"I purchased a diesel fuel transfer pump brand name FUELN. The pump doesn't work. We thought we would have to go home empty handed. The owner told us we were not leaving empty handed and we didn't. The owner and employees of the 5th quarter were wonderful. They brought out some empty pitchers and funnels and even helped us fill our containers. We gathered 25 gallons of beautiful liquid gold WVO."
djenkins6

Fueln Pump

Postby HoldOnTight » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:34 am

The website says it is a vane pump. I don't think I would recommend that type for cold weather use or if lack of priming might be an issue.
Late 99 Ford F-250, Designed and installed at home, 30 kMi on VO. WVO temp at solenoid valve is 185-195+F, winter-summer.
HoldOnTight

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering