autozone filters

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

autozone filters

Postby sacveggieguy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Ive been using the ff760 from autozone is this a waterblock filter? Ive only been getting about 1500 miles out of my filter. Is it true that these filters plug up due to water? If so maybe this is my prob and my oil has been clean and I have a water prob and if so then ive had this prob for approx 30k miles but im still running fine other than what i believe to be overly frequent filter changes.

Thanks Paul aka Sacveggieguy
To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby SunWizard » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Even non water block filters will plug with a little water. Most filters, block or not, are made from paper, which absorbs the water, swells, and plugs. Here is an entire thread about them:
http://www.burnveg.com/forum/about41.html

Thats why so many recommend doing a hot pan test on each batch of your VO, have you done this yet?
Last edited by SunWizard on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

pan test

Postby sacveggieguy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Yes but not every time

Thanks Paul aka Sacveggieguy
To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby David » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:58 pm

I hot pan every batch of oil that comes out of my dryer even though I am 99.9% sure when it will be dry. On occasions I do get a load of extra water even from regular places I pick up from that takes longer to get out. Only time I don't test is when I forget to turn the dryer off and it has run for like 8 hours instead of 3.

I have found the " Same" filters in different brands give very variable life and flow rates as well.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering