Check valves

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Check valves

Postby Cumminscanuck » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm

I notice that when I switch over to VO my fuel pressure momentarly drops from 15 psi on the diesel pump to zero and then picks back up to 16 psi on the VO pump. Having a VP 44 IP this is a little worrying so I thought I would put a check valve in the fuel line to prevent flow back which will hopefully, cure the problem. Has anyone done this and if so, where is the best spot to place the valve?
2000 24 VALVE Quad Cab 2500 SLT. Edge Comp. 275 RV's. PDR HX 35/14 hybrid turbo. 4" Diamond Flow Exhaust. Isspro Pyro, Boost, Trans. Temp. Fuel Pressure, Gauges. Turbo Master. Silicone Boot Kit. FASS. BHAF. Running on SVO.
Cumminscanuck

Postby Welder » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:49 am

Are you running Veggiestroke style plumbing?

If so, then yes, you may likely need a couple one-way check valves.

McMaster-Carr sells some fairly cheaply:

www.mcmaster.com
"Is there anybody out there?"

Roger Waters
Welder

Postby Cumminscanuck » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 am

I'm not sure I know what "Veggiestroke" type plumbing is, what is it? My VO line exits the Hotfox in the tank then goes through a FASS HPFP pump to a Vegmax heated filter then through a Vegtherm and FPHE (thanks Klaus) to the Hydraforce Valve that switches diesel/VO. Changing from VO to diesel does not cause a drop in pressure of any significance presumably because the diesel system is maintaining pressure. The VO system does not appear to be acting the same way; the fuel pressure drops considerably on switchover then recovers.
2000 24 VALVE Quad Cab 2500 SLT. Edge Comp. 275 RV's. PDR HX 35/14 hybrid turbo. 4" Diamond Flow Exhaust. Isspro Pyro, Boost, Trans. Temp. Fuel Pressure, Gauges. Turbo Master. Silicone Boot Kit. FASS. BHAF. Running on SVO.
Cumminscanuck

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion