How to say Thanks to a Service Person

Its like a chat room. This is where your post gets moved if you get too far off topic.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

How to say Thanks to a Service Person

Postby coachgeo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:33 pm

Ever wonder how to say thank you when you see a military person (or any Service person) in uniform?

....The Gratitude Sign

A simple way to do it from across a room or as you are passing by.

The Gratitude Campaign
Last edited by coachgeo on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby zoochy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 am

I could see how this might be misinterpreted if the signer had really big boobs.
zoochy

Postby Welder » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:04 am

Yeah, Zoochy! Imagine getting stomped flat by some giant psycho marine fresh off the base and back from the action who thinks you were making gestures regarding his wifes rack! I'm not sure I'd feel any grattitude while riding in the ambulance...
"Is there anybody out there?"

Roger Waters
Welder

INCOMING

Postby leftcoastjeff » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:11 pm

I personally weep for our troops and I never served, my father did his time aboard ship in the Korean mess, g-father on mom's(rip) side was a lifer(commander)USN,stationed at Pearl, at sea, while his bride and 2 year old(mom) on 12-07-41 were in Pearl. that was war, and we finished it in a timely way, granted, way too many died. needless to say I didn't volenteer and maybe it's due to the stories I herd from those who were there.

perhaps they should be warned as to what type of incomming fire they may see at home.
I would think that if they understand, at least it would shorten your explanation of your appriciation of thier service to our "homeland"......All well meaning/good intentions

They might even be able to get to thier flight on time,
if they have time they might even strike up a conversation/relationship, new friends=networking, this can only make us stronger, and maybe get another view of our current delema over there.
'87F-250 stock, minus that pesky water seporator/air inlet, bone stock for now.

Thomas Edison says it best, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”.
leftcoastjeff

Postby leftcoastjeff » Fri May 09, 2008 7:27 pm

WOW, no comments? this is a very timely idea, if it doesent get you a black eye. Please thank our young people, they have been deceived, as we are, by miss-information.

Off topic enough?

LCjeff
'87F-250 stock, minus that pesky water seporator/air inlet, bone stock for now.

Thomas Edison says it best, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”.
leftcoastjeff

Postby VegMeister » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:55 pm

jeff, the forums are just dead right now. that's all. But I'll chip in that my grandfather served Canada proudly during WWII in Africa, Sicily, the Italian campaign and with the liberation of France/Holland. I'm super proud of him.

However, I'm afraid warfare since that time has become very grey (as most moral matters today, sadly). I can't say that I support the wars being fought in Afghanistan or Iraq, but along with Don Cherry I'll say wether you support the war or not, support the troops.

I do question fighting wars which don't threaten our safety like Germany and Japan did. FDR only encouraged congress to declare war after there was no recourse and the threat was very real. Since that time the US congress has not declared a single constitutional war. Perhaps the constitution is completely outdated because of terrorism? Perhaps we need to throw that document away and stop making students memorize it? If so, the question we need to ask is, are the terrorists really to benefit from the elimination of a document that protects personal liberty?
centralvalleybiodiesel CF
1993 GMC Sierra K2500 6.5L + homebuilt veg kit, OEM glowplug failure (update: rebuilt with a 6.2 block, working fine)
1988 Ford 6.9L OEM dual tank, 90+% veg oil blend.
1989 Ford 7.3L, 80+% veg oil blend.
VegMeister

Return to Off topic banter