Filterfuge FF25

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

gunk

Postby sacveggieguy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:52 am

The rotor is the part that spins right? And the gunk stays inside that? If so the only way to clean it would b to remove the jets and clean out the inside of the housing that spins(rotor) The filterfuge looks different than the dieselcraft to me.

Thanks Paul aka Sacveggieguy
To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

CF

Postby sacveggieguy » Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 am

I only have a nut on the top of my CF then the bell shaped housing comes off,then the rotor lifts off in one piece and has 2 jets in it and your saying the crud gets trapped inside this? Im not so sure this is how it works because the only way 2 clean it would be to remove the jets and how would you scrape the crud out? Some of you have said its hard and cake like the openings 4 the jets are only approx 10 mm where they r threaded into the rotor.
To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby jordanmills » Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 am

There's only two jets anywhere in the CF. A lot of your post doesn't make much sense. Here are pictures instead.

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1p9GT3 ... ymjNa0WlbI
housing top removed

http://byfiles.storage.live.com/y1p9GT3 ... pHB3etdKkI
The rotor is upside down on the right, with a white paper insert lining where the gunk will be collected.

I tried to make these inline images, but the img tag is broken or something, it just showed the links.
2001 F-250 (7.3 L PSD)
2-tank custom/self-built SVO system
jordanmills

Postby SunWizard » Wed May 07, 2008 8:14 am

The links to where you have the images stored doesn't point to the images, if so it would end with .jpg or .gif or .bmp. Thats why you can't put them inside the post.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

CF

Postby sacveggieguy » Wed May 07, 2008 9:51 am

My CF looks nothing like these in the photos I will try and post photos of my CF this weekend when I go back to my Dads. My CF only consists of an outer sheet metal housing a nut that holds it on and the rotor. Maybe my CF is missing something I have nothing to hold a paper insert. I will try to contact IDP who I bought my cf from in Canada and point them to the photos here and see if i am missing something..

To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby SunWizard » Wed May 07, 2008 9:56 am

As we keep saying, the rotor opens up, remove the nut on the top. His pic is the rotor after its opened, the nut is sitting next to the 2 halves of the rotor. Or see any of the instructions for the CF, did you get any? If not they are online.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Photos

Postby sacveggieguy » Wed May 07, 2008 10:34 am

I clicked on the links and saw the photos. I think i found my problem I must be missing a part when my CF shipped the part that the dirt sprays onto out of the jets is not even there on my CF the part that spins with the jets in it just sprays out on to the cover of the CF the part that is held by the nut on top theres nothing like what I see in the photos or anything that holds a paper lining. If you go to the website thats sell the filterfuge ff25 they show a cutaway with a shiny metal part in the middle which i never got. The company is IDP in Canada could someone go there and check it out and confirm I am going nuts thinking I am doing something wrong when I may be missing a part from my CF>

To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Re: Photos

Postby SunWizard » Wed May 07, 2008 10:42 am

sacveggieguy wrote: the part that the dirt sprays onto out of the jets is not even there on my CF the part that spins with the jets in it just sprays out on to the cover of the CF

As I have said repeatedly, the dirt doesn't spray out the jets. It stays inside, and you open the rotor. Yes I think I can confirm you are going nuts :P

All of the oil powered CFs like dieselcraft, spinclean, filterfuge are basically the same design. A cover that comes off. Inside the cover is a rotor that lifts off and opens up with a nut on top. Inside is the dirt. See the dieselcraft thread for more pics with dirt included! Post a pic of the top of your rotor and I can identify the nut for you, that you need to remove to open your rotor.
SunWizard
Site Admin

CF

Postby sacveggieguy » Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am

Ok Sunwizard did you go to IDP site that sells the filterfuge CF and see the cutaway they show? If so I am missing that part and there is no way that my CF can work right.Believe me i have looked at all of the photos everone has and I believe i am missing something a part to my CF the shiny part in the middle. Please look at it and confirm for me.

To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby jordanmills » Wed May 07, 2008 11:41 am

Hey looks like I might be able to get my CF spinning up with a little 60 psi diaphragm pump. It might not be able to push hard enough, but I guess we'll see when I get the drum filled with oil.
2001 F-250 (7.3 L PSD)
jordanmills

Re: CF

Postby SunWizard » Wed May 07, 2008 12:16 pm

sacveggieguy wrote:Ok Sunwizard did you go to IDP site that sells the filterfuge CF and see the cutaway they show?

Yes I did go there. You can't see the shiny part in the middle until you open your rotor, which it appears you have never done. That "shiny part" doesn't collect the dirt, its the inside surface of the rotor shown in my pics and many others with dirt on it. If you have a rotor, you have a place where dirt collects.

Call the place you bought it, they can walk you through opening the rotor and check if you have all the parts.
SunWizard
Site Admin

shiny part

Postby sacveggieguy » Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm

Ok Sun i will try that and try and open up the rotor just didnt know you could do that nothing in the instructions etc. It doesnt look like it comes apart especially if u never took one apart.

To Dare Is To Do
sacveggieguy

Postby jordanmills » Wed May 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Okay so my first diaphragm pump is pretty much dead. My second one (that I took from my truck's VO system) doesn't have a high enough flow rate to fill the rotor. And my gear pump isn't - it's a vane pump. Darnit.
2001 F-250 (7.3 L PSD)
jordanmills

Postby coachgeo » Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Pump

Postby HoldOnTight » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:08 am

If you expect your CF to remove dirt, you must have much more than 60 psi. The recommended pressure is 90 psi. To get there, you pump must have the capacity (flow rate) to meet the demand by the CF.

Viscosity will reduce the effective pressure at the CF and the effectiveness of the CF, so it is important to have hot oil and have both your pressure regulator and pressure gauge close to the CF for accurate readings.

$.02
Late 99 Ford F-250, Designed and installed at home, 30 kMi on VO. WVO temp at solenoid valve is 185-195+F, winter-summer.
HoldOnTight

Previous

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering