Pressure at IP on veggie is 5 at idle and less at 1800rpm

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Postby mikeshauling » Sun May 04, 2008 8:04 am

I dont know how many gpm this walbro puts out but i know that with cool vo @ 60 F when i bump it on for about 10 sec. it will fill a 20 oz. soda bottle.
09 6.7 CTD
mikeshauling

Hmmm

Postby sanderlings » Mon May 05, 2008 6:05 am

Mike, That's about one gallon per minute which should be enough. Was that flow measured straight from the pump or was it going through the pollack valve. If the valve is hung-up then a little WVO might be gettting through to give you some pressure at idle, but at higher RPMs the injection pump might be sucking through the turned off diesel pump. At idle on WVO you can pinch your WVO line and if that doesn't stall the engine then the valve might not be working.
todd
sanderlings

Postby mikeshauling » Mon May 05, 2008 6:42 pm

sanderling, that amount was cool because i was bleeding the lines out, so it was pumping through the pump, filter,fphe and 6 port pollak with the line to the ip unhooked the truck was off. I will try pinching the vo line and see if that makes it stumble, I take long trips daily and dont see D2 tank gettin lower on guage so i dont think it is pulling through but i will check.
09 6.7 CTD
mikeshauling

Previous

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion