another question

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

another question

Postby Radrick » Thu May 29, 2008 4:29 pm

OK I was going to use a second factory lift pump for my wvo but I am getting feed back from a chevy diesel forum that it will die on wvo. So if i don't us a OEM lift pump what pump should I use? it sounds like the Cummins one is pretty good. I have also been told a Walbro 6065 is good. I have already ordered most of the major components and want to get this worked out soon. Thanks.
1995 Chevy K1500 6.5 TD not on WVO yet but soon.
Radrick

Postby Radrick » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 am

OK is everyone running the FASS? I just can't afford $575 right now and I'm not sure I will ever want to spend that much. I have seen where some of you are using those small cheap electrics from the parts stores but I don't think that will work very good in the cold climates I'm in. even if I have all my fuel lines heated there will still be some cooler spots along the route. There must be something inbetween these extremes that works ok. I don't plan on the fuel pump running that hot as my primary TIH will be running on the pressure side of the pump only. I will have looped return so that will add some heat to it, and my second TIH loop will be parallel to the promary one but it will have a valve and I will be regulating it to keep the fuel from being heated more than needed. I could really use some feedback on this!!!!!! Thanks
Radrick

Postby rkpatt » Fri May 30, 2008 10:03 am

I am using a coolant heated pickup before a Master E8012S pump mounted near the tank after pump it is HOH to the engine compartment .

Maybe going with HIH and a 2nd E8102s booster pump in the engine compartment would be a good thing to do in cold climates .
rkpatt

Postby roverhybrids » Sat May 31, 2008 11:55 am

If you shop around you can get a FASS for your application(10psi) for $275 for the pump only or $335 with the bracket, lead wires.
this is lowest psi available and the only 8a pressure that is warrantied for VO.
The 23a pump is $100 more, and what is needed for higher pressure applications.

You will want some heat at your pump, especially in the cold. getting the oil and the pump to around 100F is what I suggest. Having the 100f at the pump at switchover is the challenge and can be done with a bundled heater hose or a small electric pad heater.
roverhybrids

Postby Performance Plus WVO » Sat May 31, 2008 11:09 pm

If you are in a real pinch for dough you can double stack a set of Facet pumps wich will put out around 7-9 psi. Put together they should not cost much more than 70 bucks and you will get about 2000 gallons through them before they start to puke. They are availible @ napa and other chain stores. Be shure to remove the inlet filter hose barb and put on a regular hose barb otherwise you will have issues.
Performance Plus WVO

Postby Radrick » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:07 am

thanks guys.
I am looking at a Walbro FRB-5 from Vegpower. Does anyone have experiance with this pump. It has all the right pressure and GPM and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Hopefully it will have a decent lifespan. At lease long enough for my fuel savings to get that far down my list of upgrades. :shock:
Radrick

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion