tentative pricing for neoprene insulation

Post ads for vehicles and WVO parts for conversion, filtering, etc. for sale.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

tentative pricing for neoprene insulation

Postby leftcoastjeff » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm

This thread is ment to be a place for me to post prices on the neoprene insulators of differant types.

Discussions on prices are part of my process, so if you have a comment,
place it here.

There is a on-going thread on testing which might be informative.
http://www.burnveg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189

If your interested in barter/trade go to
http://www.burnveg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=268

Thanks for your cooperation in advance,

LCjeff
Last edited by leftcoastjeff on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'87F-250 stock, minus that pesky water seporator/air inlet, bone stock for now.

Thomas Edison says it best, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”.
leftcoastjeff

Hydroforce covers

Postby leftcoastjeff » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Hydroforce covers install under the valve.
No need to disconnect fuel lines, just the screws holding it down.

$20.00 each or $50.00 for 3. (american)

Last edited by leftcoastjeff on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Edison says it best, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”.
leftcoastjeff

Neoprene sales discussion

Postby HoldOnTight » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:08 pm

LCjeff,
I don't know how much you've lurked on the Veg Oil forums before you started seeking testers. In my experience, summertime is when things seems to slow down on the forums. I followed the link from the test topic to get here and I noticed there isn't much discussion going on. So, don't be discouraged. This is normal for this time of year.

I would guess the reason is that with warmer weather, it probably isn't on too many people's mind right now. Cold oil isn't much on anyone's mind with warmer ambient temperatures, and then there are all the summer activities. I think with fuel prices going up (11.00 / barrel increase today), new interest in alternative fuels will help create interest, and some newbies will spend their summer doing their conversions.

When the weather cools in the fall, I think you'll see lots of activity...maybe having difficulty keeping up with demand.

HoldOnTight
Late 99 Ford F-250, Designed and installed at home, 30 kMi on VO. WVO temp at solenoid valve is 185-195+F, winter-summer.
HoldOnTight

Postby leftcoastjeff » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:27 pm

I've been observing and learning the do's and don'ts, along with the severity of some beliefs, some still won't go out of thier comfort zone. If it works dont @#$% with it!
Be it blending, Bio processes with nasty and flammible possibilities or purist UVO'ers.(not to mention changing systems for the better)
Personally I believe that I can help with almost all of the differant ways people can process oil, but for now I think I'll stay simple and close to home (WVO, 2 tank, coolant heated, for my truck)

Driving(on any fuel) can be bad for your engine, that's the only unrefutable fact.

When I found out that Mr. Diesel designed the diesel to run on canola, I started looking more deeply, It's been an eyeful. I don't think I've read this much since school.

Granted the weather has somthing to do with forum traffic so I'll keep going along as uasual.

"When the weather cools in the fall, I think you'll see lots of activity...maybe having difficulty keeping up with demand.

That would be a pleasent change as the economy is in the dumpster that we get our oil from.

leftcoastjeff

Postby BMW Fan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:34 pm

leftcoastjeff wrote:When I found out that Mr. Diesel designed the diesel to run on canola, I started looking more deeply, It's been an eyeful. I don't think I've read this much since school.

Now, that is interesting. :)

Canola was developed in Canada in the late 60s. :?

Rudolf died September 29, 1913 but mentioned the use of vegetable oil already in his patent.

”Der Gebrauch von Pflanzenöl als Kraftstoff mag heute unbedeutend sein. Aber derartige Produkte werden im Laufe der Zeit ebenso wichtig wie Petroleum und diese Kohle-Teer-Produkte von heute werden.“

Rudolf Diesel, Patentschrift 1912

”The use of vegetable oils for engine fuels may seem insignificant today, but such oils may become in the course of time as important as petroleum and the coal tar products of the present time.“

Rudolf Diesel, Patent application, 1912

BMW Fan

http://www.crawldog.com/klausold/
BMW Fan

Postby leftcoastjeff » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Maybe I should say rapeseed, or canadian oil, low acid, or any other local fuel.:D
I found this interesting also. although off topic.8)

"Though best known for his invention of the pressure-ignited heat engine that bears his name, the French-born Rudolf Diesel was also an eminent thermal engineer, a connoisseur of the arts, a linguist, and a social theorist. Diesel's inventions have three points in common: They relate to heat transference by natural physical processes or laws; they involve markedly creative mechanical design; and they were initially motivated by the inventor's concept of sociological needs. Diesel originally conceived the diesel engine as a facility, readily adaptable in size and costs and utilizing locally available fuels, to enable independent craftsmen and artisans better to endure the powered competition of large industries that then virtually monopolized the predominant power source-the oversized, expensive, fuel-wasting steam engine.

What is a social theorist? Don't procreate with siblings?

On the serious side, any oil was his interest, can you imagine the design peramiters, the variables?

I can help insulate almost anything, if its warm it needs my help.

Long day,

LCjeff

OBTW I don't spreken zee deutch(SP) thanks for the translation.
Last edited by leftcoastjeff on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leftcoastjeff

Postby leftcoastjeff » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:14 am

OK here's more tentative pricing.

3/8"(10mm)ID Tube $4.00 (AM) per ft.
1" ID tube $5.00 per ft.

For wrapping;
2.5" by 7' strip $5.00 ea. ( that will cover around 2'-3' depending)

FPHE cover $30.00-$35.00 "Custom"

LCjeff
Last edited by leftcoastjeff on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leftcoastjeff

Postby leftcoastjeff » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Hydroforce parkas are time intensive, now more, that they are new and improved, now fits either logo side up, or down!

$20.00 ea or $50.00 for a set of 3 (black only)

vegmax filter element is easier, 6.5mm (1/4"thick)
Assorted colors.
$17.50 ea

Vormax filter element is a little more material,(still 6.5mm)
Assorted colors as well.

$21.50 ea.

FPHE covers range in prices (as sizes)
Black only.
$30.00-$40.00 ea.

All prices subject to change (sorry all costs raising slowly)

LCjeff

leftcoastjeff

Postby leftcoastjeff » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:26 pm

"Arctic" class FPHE cover 1/4" (6.5mm)

2 layers?

Price to be determined.

We have several colors to choose from.

LCjeff

leftcoastjeff

Return to Classified Ads