Duramax

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Duramax

Postby Alfred Nesbitt » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Does anyone out there have a workable system for a 2006 Duramax LBZ???
If it ain't Half Ass it's just a Horse
Alfred Nesbitt

Postby SunWizard » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:21 am

Frybrid, who I consider the best kit, will not offer one for them due to the fuel cooling the electronics issues, and that there have been numerous injector failures even on D2. A new set of injectors is very expensive for that engine, if you make the common mistake of not dewatering your VO well enough.

Running VO will void your warranty which you may wish you had on that new of a truck.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

DMax /

Postby Alfred Nesbitt » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:54 am

Thanks Sunwizard for your answers. Greasecar says they are working on a kit for the DMax but will not have it until Fall if then.

A guy on another forum says he has it all figured out and for $3000.00 he will tell me everything he knows. With everybody wanting this information he should be rich by now.

You are right it is a newer truck but it isn't doing anyone any good sitting in the driveway. I refuse to pay $5.00+ for fuel.

With all of you working on this thing it may happen. The guy who wants $3000.00 for his knowledge sounds like he has some good insight into what the solution may be, but thats a lot of money and there is no proof.

Thanks

A. Nesbitt
Alfred Nesbitt

N. Colorado

Postby Alfred Nesbitt » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 am

Oh, By the way . I used to live in Windsor Colo.
Alfred Nesbitt

Postby coachgeo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:12 am

SunWizard wrote:Frybrid, who I consider the best kit, will not offer one for them due to the fuel cooling the electronics issues, ....
there was an injector recall on Some Duramax because of the many failures. Friend just had his done.

Question- is the 02 Duromax in the era of having electronics cooled by fuel? Friend would like to two tank his Duramax
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby John Galt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:26 am

A guy on another forum says he has it all figured out and for $3000.00 he will tell me everything he knows.
I love that line. Ah the wondrous power of the internet. Just put yer money on the table dude, we'll tell ya when ya win.
John Galt

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion