100K using WVO in a 2005 PD!

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

100K using WVO in a 2005 PD!

Postby chasee » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Yep, 100K today.

Nothing much to add to my 90K post at Fred’s:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=208276

Why am I not posting this on Fred’s now? If you care:

http://www.greasecar.com/forum_topicvie ... icID=17804

I did discover some polymerization inside the brass fittings on the solenoids and inside the stock fuel lines that run along the valve cover which is supposedly stainless steel. But after running two tanks of B100 through the stock tank, allowing it to sit in the lines overnights, it was reduced to a fine coating. I do feel it is a result of the copper coil in the WVO tank and I recommend no copper in the WVO tank or the system at all. I am considering a third solenoid at the tank for the coolant, allowing me to specifically designate a temp I want the tank at. It would bypass the tank when the proper temp is reached and controlled by either a Greasecar or Frybrid controller unit. I believe that even a heated pickup style of setup would still result in the tank hitting the 160-190 that it always hits, just more slowly. Physics kind of dictates that it will, since the tire well placement is pretty well insulated with the cargo mats above.

But, consider this. 3 years and 100K later, all I found was this very minor amount of poly, so super heat and copper coil can’t be quite as bad as everyone says. Just the same, it’s a weak link and should be eliminated in the interest of longevity.

Anyway, big shout out to the naysayers! :lol:
2005 Golf GLS PD-TDI, 5-speed. Grease Car kit installed right off the lot when brand new. Running on WVO about 85% of the time.
chasee

Postby jburke » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Hey Chasee, glad to be the first to congradulate you. :)

Keep up the good work.
jburke

Postby zoochy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:40 am

Wear your banishment like a badge.

zoochy

Postby TsTDI » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Congrats Chase, that number ain't nothing to sneeze at.
TsTDI

Postby leftcoastjeff » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:50 pm

Nice, great badge if you collect them,
100K Mi.(not Km)
"Sorry it'll neverwork" say them.
I say to you,
chasee, you go, awsome, good for you. although it should blow sky high, I'm not a nay-sayer.

your polimerization is minimal, yes?
If you need insulation............
I'm at your service

insulation testers wanted

LCjeff
'87F-250 stock, minus that pesky water seporator/air inlet, bone stock for now.

Thomas Edison says it best, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”.
leftcoastjeff

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion