Just pulled the trigger on a Vegistroke...

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Just pulled the trigger on a Vegistroke...

Postby powerstroke73L » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Hopefully the kit will be here by August as they're (understandably) backed up right now. I'll post pics of the install once I put it in. I also just ordered a Dieselcraft OC-20, so hopefully I'll be able to finish my CF rig soon and have plenty of fuel ready to go by the time the kit gets here.
powerstroke73L

Postby John Galt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Vegistrokes have triggers? Did it "go off" when pulled?
John Galt

Postby powerstroke73L » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:15 am

John Galt wrote:Vegistrokes have triggers? Did it "go off" when pulled?

I guess combining gun enthusiast terminology with veggie oil terminology doesn't translate well :lol: It's a common phrase on some other boards I frequent "Just pulled the trigger on (insert name of mod here)..."
powerstroke73L

Postby VegMeister » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 pm

Gun enthusiast here. Not understanding the analogy.

But we understand that you are getting a kit for the 7.3! Awesome and welcome to the board, feel free to ask crazy questions and come up with crazy ideas, as long as you're the kind of guy that shares information instead of being secretive, I for one will reciprocate.
centralvalleybiodiesel CF
1993 GMC Sierra K2500 6.5L + homebuilt veg kit, OEM glowplug failure (update: rebuilt with a 6.2 block, working fine)
1988 Ford 6.9L OEM dual tank, 90+% veg oil blend.
1989 Ford 7.3L, 80+% veg oil blend.
VegMeister

Postby kamaleon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Vegistroke its a nice kit with quality parts.. expensive but good none the less.

I have the V2 on my 2000 f350, a few minor hickups that were quickly resolved thanks to Jason.
kamaleon

Postby powerstroke73L » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:39 pm

VegMeister wrote:Gun enthusiast here. Not understanding the analogy.

Kind of goes along these lines. Pulling (yes I know "squeezing" is the proper term) the trigger is the act which initiates the sequence which results in a projectile being propelled from a gun... Nevermind...

kamaleon wrote:Vegistroke its a nice kit with quality parts.. expensive but good none the less.

I have the V2 on my 2000 f350, a few minor hickups that were quickly resolved thanks to Jason.

I just received the module and fuel/coolant lines (tank is on the way) and I must say that I'm EXTREMELY impressed with the unit itself. From the weatherpack connectors to the machine work it's truly got an OEM feel. Needless to say I'm anxious to get the tank so that I can get cracking! In the meantime I'm going to begin to CF oil as I've assembled all of my parts. Pictures to follow soon...
powerstroke73L

Postby elvia » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:53 pm

Congrats on the kit. If you have any questions, post them and we might be able to help
Elvia
2000 F350 XL Utility Bed. Vegistroke V3
Nolatraveler.com
elvia

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion