New here! Soon to start my 97 dodge, and some parts Qs

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

New here! Soon to start my 97 dodge, and some parts Qs

Postby hayduke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Hello everyone! I just got back into the country a couple weeks ago and just found this forum not too long ago. Thanks sun for putting this together. In my short time here, its become my new favorite forum for VO.

After tinkering with ideas for a year or so and getting my truck in good working order, I'm finally ready to order the rest of my parts and get my system installed on my 97 dodge. I'm building my own system, something very close to Sun's conversion, manual valves, TiH, FPHE, hot head heated fuel filter, and I've ordered some line heaters from fattywagon as well. Just a little something extra for the really cold days as I often travel in 0 or below weather during the winter.

2 parts questions to start
1. Where do you get the T fittings similar to frybrid/greasecar for the TiH?
2. I think I'd also like to have a sightglass on my system. Any recommendations?

As I'm sure I'll have more during the conversion, thank you in advance for the help!
hayduke

Re: New here! Soon to start my 97 dodge, and some parts Qs

Postby SunWizard » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:23 pm

hayduke wrote:1. Where do you get the T fittings similar to frybrid/greasecar for the TiH?

Standard plumbing fittings from Home depot or www.mcmaster.com, see the latest posts to my conversion thread here for part#s and 1st post has a link to a TiH diagram.
2. I think I'd also like to have a sightglass on my system. Any recommendations?

A clear glass inline filter put just before the IP works good. Any auto parts store sells them, get the one without the plastic hose barbs.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion