VO Workshops and Sustainable Fair, WVO cars on display

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

VO Workshops and Sustainable Fair, WVO cars on display

Postby SunWizard » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:40 am

I am doing hands-on workshops on WVO conversions and filtering at the Sustainable Living Fair, 9-20/21-2008. There will be WVO converted vehicles on display, including mine and others, and my Dieselcraft Centrifuge rig. If you are near Northern CO, check it out, its got fun, inspiring speakers, bands, 50 workshops, 200 vendors, solar, wind, veg. oil, biodiesel, food, and beer!
More info at
http://www.sustainablelivingassociation.org/thefair/

Workshop description:
This hands-on workshop will guide you though the basics of converting a diesel engine to run on straight waste vegetable oil (SVO/WVO) with the flip of a switch. We will cover the stock function of the diesel fuel system and its transformation to SVO. We will compare several popular kits, and show how to create your own. The "how to" of basic wiring, valves, controls, and different options for plumbing. Learn how to build a centrifuge rig to dewater and filter in 1 step, as well as other filter methods, and testing for water. Several converted vehicles will be available to study. Designed for the beginner to the professional mechanic.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby SunWizard » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Bump, its this weekend.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion