Dieselcraft CFC 1000 Continous Flow

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Dieselcraft CFC 1000 Continous Flow

Postby Green-Generation » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:48 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and was searching for information on Dieselcraft's CFC 1000 as demonstrated on http://www.youtube.com/v/9KcH_MHOX6w

Does anyone have any further information, opinions, or experience with this unit?

Thanks G-G
99 GMC 3500 Turbo Diesel
Green-Generation

Postby SunWizard » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 am

That centrifuge looks very good since its a true industrial single pass type. I like the high cleaning rate 80-400gph and the automatic (unattended) cleaning. I called them about it, its $16000, available in Oct.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby Green-Generation » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am

SunWizard wrote:That centrifuge looks very good since its a true industrial single pass type. I like the high cleaning rate 80-400gph and the automatic (unattended) cleaning. I called them about it, its $16000, available in Oct.

I assume that it would be a simple task to rig the unit up with a direct feed of dirty oil as opposed to the funneling as shown in the video. I take it that the oil would need to be heated, in line or otherwise, as is the case with the smaller units.

Do you see any reason why this device would not dewater as effeciently as the other DC units?

Do you have any idea how much pre-filtering would be needed before having the oil processed through the unit?

Thanks - G-G
99 GMC 3500 Turbo Diesel
Green-Generation

Postby SunWizard » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:45 pm

Yes heating would make it work much quicker, same as any CF. If you didn't want to heat, you could run a lower flow rate.

It may not dewater as fast as the small units since you only get centrifugal dewatering, and don't get the added flash evaporation they provide. Lots of testing would be the only way to compare.

You probably should pre-filter to about 300 microns, same as for the smaller CF, and the same as needed to protect most pumps.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby Green-Generation » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:17 am

SunWizard wrote:Yes heating would make it work much quicker, same as any CF. If you didn't want to heat, you could run a lower flow rate.

It may not dewater as fast as the small units since you only get centrifugal dewatering, and don't get the added flash evaporation they provide. Lots of testing would be the only way to compare.

You probably should pre-filter to about 300 microns, same as for the smaller CF, and the same as needed to protect most pumps.

Thanks Sun. Following are some answers to questions that I had posed to my local sales rep that you might find interesting:

Here are the answers to your questions from John Nightingale, President of Dieselcraft Fluid Engineering

Hopefully, these are the answers you are looking for

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Robert

John Nightingale wrote "

Rob,

1 : Heating is alway a good idea to increase performance. Not an absolute but sure will make it work better if a single pass is desired.

2 : The lid is fitted with a 1/2 NPT pipe thread so oil can be introduced vis hose and pump or gravity. The unit can be modified if a larger pipe is needed.

3 : Pump is fine; but one must control the flow. Too much flow means more passes; and or more frequent cleaning cycles. Each cleaning cycle will also take some good oil with it. This then can be salvaged by sucking good oil off the trash barrel.

4 : A small compressor, 1/3 HP, for example, is required to start the vacuum unit for self cleaning.

5 : 220 single phase power is required to run the centrifuge

4 : List price is US $15,995, FOB Califonia. Taxes extra ( GST and PST ). Quebec residents pay no PST

Please Note : The first units should be available from Califonia stock around late October
99 GMC 3500 Turbo Diesel
Green-Generation

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering