Following the Sun, Tiny return line question

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Following the Sun, Tiny return line question

Postby mortarsprayer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Hello Sun,
Unless something comes up , we will have our test run this weekend!

One last detail, a question about the tiny line that I removed from the top of the filter that needs to Tee back into the return line. What did you do to connect the hose to that line? Were you able to put a double bubble on the line without removing it completely? Perhaps my fingers are just too big. I am not seeing the best solution short of pulling the whole line if I want a bubble end on the steel tube.

Thanks for everything.
Nolan
Nolan
95 Dodge Cummins 3500 Flatbed, dump.
Started life as chassis cab, 2WD automatic pos, converted to 4WD with 5 speed that pulls like a freight train.
mortarsprayer

Re: Following the Sun, Tiny return line question

Postby SunWizard » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:51 pm

mortarsprayer wrote:One last detail, a question about the tiny line that I removed from the top of the filter that needs to Tee back into the return line. What did you do to connect the hose to that line? Were you able to put a double bubble on the line without removing it completely? Perhaps my fingers are just too big. I am not seeing the best solution short of pulling the whole line if I want a bubble end on the steel tube.
I didn't put any "bubble" on the ends of the tube. I just clamped a rubber hose over the end of the cut tube.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby mortarsprayer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 pm

Thank you Sun.

As near as I can tell, the tiny hose should never see more than a couple psi on the return. I have been thinking about pulling the injectors to flow test them. Perhaps I will wait to bubble the return line until I pull the injectors.

We did put bubble flares on the cut line between the lift pump and the filter just to make sure.

Now I am looking for the cleanest way to Tee the little line back into the return.

Take care,
Nolan
Nolan
95 Dodge Cummins 3500 Flatbed, dump.
Started life as chassis cab, 2WD automatic pos, converted to 4WD with 5 speed that pulls like a freight train.
mortarsprayer

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion