dieselcraft centrifuge question

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

dieselcraft centrifuge question

Postby gary » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

After I firure I had 4 passes through..I hot pan test and if no h2o is present Im ready to transfer direct to my vo tank. I then open transfer ball valve enough to maintain 40 psi in the cf, so I dont overflow my tank. If any water were trapped in the cf at what psi would it fall back in and contaminate?
gary

Postby SunWizard » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Any decrease below 90 the psi you ran it at makes it slow down. As it slows it lets out water and wet VO (if any) There is no way to know what psi it lets it out at, I capture all the output from 2 seconds after I shut off the pump.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby HoldOnTight » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:04 pm

It depends... That is like asking how wet is your oil. I would say that the more water your CF is holding, the less you can tolerate any speed reduction in the CF. Personally, I don't want to take a chance on introducing any water back into the oil batch so I catch all the oil discharged by the CF the instant I shut off the pump. Then, once I've examined the CF bowl for dirt level and moisture, I do a hot pan test, and if it passes, I'll switch a couple valves and turn on the pump to redirect flow to the refueling nozzle and fill up the processed oil tank.
Late 99 Ford F-250, Designed and installed at home, 30 kMi on VO. WVO temp at solenoid valve is 185-195+F, winter-summer.
HoldOnTight

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering