Improved Mileage and fuel economy (MPG) with gasoline blends

Single Tank WVO systems and blending SVO WVO to thin it.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Postby David » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:04 am

bio_cowboy wrote:
Thank-you John, it seems that you are one of the few who get that the point of this forum was to acquire anecdotal support of the value of blending VO with gasoline, and not to bury those few anecdotes in a mountain of offensive and irrelevant remarks. With the offensive response that this forum has received we can expect that not many people who blend gasoline with VO will be posting here.

The problem that seems apparent in acquiring any meaningful dialog in support of blending gasoline with VO on the various bio-fuels forums, is the dialog is almost always buried under a mountain of offensive remarks. Also, as I am sure you know, most people who advocate or practice blending gasoline with VO are almost always banned from most bio-fuels forums. So, the lack of information on the subject is a setup.

Here we go, the same old conspiracy theories of RUG blending " Dialog" being undermined, people being rude or offensive, people being banned .... yada, yada yada. :roll:

The biggest DETRIMENT and HANDBRAKE to blending discussions right now is the obsessive lunatics who try to shove it down everyone's throat on every forum at every chance they get and then get all upset and cry like baby's when someone says something they don't like.

I believe in water injection and talk about it often but I don't go out of my way with single minded posts " To create meaningful Dialog" about it every 2 minutes on every forum I can find. I post my knowledge and experience with it when and if it may be relevant and if it helps someone and they want to give it a try, fantastic.
If they don't, then what the hell do I care? It works for me and if others don't want to take advantage of it, no skin off my nose.
If I went on about it like some do with RUG blending, I expect everyone would get fed up in short order, give me some stick about it and if I went on anally about the forum moderators being against it and trying to discourage talk on the subject, then I expect I would be banned as well.
Rational people would of course see the real problem would be with MY behavior and nothing to do with hidden agenda's surrounding the subject matter!

I blend and with RUG more than anything, but frankly I'm getting absoloutley sick to death of all this crap from people trying to promote it that are actually putting more people off the idea with their incessant whining and conspiracy theories than helping the cause their obsessive compulsion aims to help.

How far would veg fuels be if everyone using it was hell bent on convincing everyone else that Bio , Svo or blending was the be all and end all of alternate fuels and thought anyone that didn't see their views as gospel was some sort of enemy?

It is probably for reasons like this that people don't want to post about blending with rug, just a shame some of the manic obsessives are so blinded by their unhealthy need to shove it down every ones throat, they can't see it.

Frankly, I don't give a rats about economy when blending with rug. If the economy was half I could get with diesel it would still be cheap so why would I worry?
I am convinced in the non scientific tests I have done that I get better power and performance when adding a small percentage of RUG to WVO than on WVO alone.

As such, I'll continue to benefit from my tests and conclusions and if other people want to try it for themselves, great, if they don't believe me or are not willing to test it for themselves, that's great too! :D :shock:

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby SunWizard » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:45 am

David wrote:The biggest DETRIMENT and HANDBRAKE to blending discussions right now is the obsessive lunatics who try to shove it down everyone's throat on every forum at every chance they get and then get all upset and cry like baby's when someone says something they don't like.

I agree with that!
Frankly, I don't give a rats about economy when blending with rug. If the economy was half I could get with diesel it would still be cheap so why would I worry?

Because that would mean you are getting half the power as well, which I wouldn't tolerate, especially on my underpowered non-turbo 300D. I notice the power drop considerably at 20% RUG blends, as you also noted in another thread, and as Mercedes notes in its manual.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby mixelpix » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:01 am

240Volvo wrote:Thanks for posting this info, but I think that the problem is that anecdotal information is that it is not reliable.

Hi 240,

I'd go a step further and suggest that anecdotal information and second hand testimonial are at best conjecture. More that likely i see them utilized in marketing ploys by capitalists, skullduggerists, provocateurs and everyones favorite, the speculators.

Is your 240 a 123 or a 115?

Nice ride either way : D

Best,
-Patrick
mixelpix

Postby 240Volvo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 am

Hey, Patrick

My ride is a Volvo, not MB. Engine is a D21 made by Audi/VW. It is a 6 cylinder version of the VW engine of that era. Big, heavy tank with low KW/HP. Car weighs over 3800 lbs with an 87HP engine. That's flying low....
1984 Volvo 240 diesel with a single tank Elsbett conversion: electric fuel filter heater, FPHE, glow plugs, and injectors. Also injector line heaters and block heater, running 20%kero/80%WVO winter blend.
240Volvo

Postby 240Volvo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:56 am

John, I apologize if I caused you any offense with the use of the term "anecdotal." I was not referring to anything that you have posted, as I find your postings in such matters to be very clearly defined from your specific and well documented experience. Please continue to post your experiences.
1984 Volvo 240 diesel with a single tank Elsbett conversion: electric fuel filter heater, FPHE, glow plugs, and injectors. Also injector line heaters and block heater, running 20%kero/80%WVO winter blend.
240Volvo

Postby mixelpix » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:33 pm

240Volvo wrote:My ride is a Volvo

LoL! goes to show what I know ;)
mixelpix

Previous

Return to Single Tank Systems and Blending