Injector cleaner/ flush? Was it SunWizard?

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Injector cleaner/ flush? Was it SunWizard?

Postby mortarsprayer » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Hello Listers.
I have been searching the archives without luck. I think I remember someone mentioning good results with a dump on the tank injector cleaner. Was it SunWizard? Can anyone point me to the product or archive links?

Thank you,
Nolan
Nolan
95 Dodge Cummins 3500 Flatbed, dump.
Started life as chassis cab, 2WD automatic pos, converted to 4WD with 5 speed that pulls like a freight train.
mortarsprayer

Postby colonelsanders » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:42 pm

search for lubro moly diesel purge or go to www.impex.com. here is a sight with a "how to" also http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=87948.

i ordered 2 cans for about $7 a piece from impex
"be the change you want to see in this world"
93' Dodge W250 CTD 4x4 Auto 170+ 2 tank WVO
One ton single wheel rear end
Piston lift pump retro fit

http://panamericantrip.blogspot.com
colonelsanders

Postby SunWizard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Not me, I have heard for good results you need one that you run straight from a can into your IP.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby coachgeo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:42 pm

yes your best bet is the type that runs out of the can like LubraMolly mentioned earlier.

Have heard good results of dump in tank stuff called Seafoam or seafoam green, something like that.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby coachgeo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:46 pm

some biased testing in this one Im sure.

http://www.qmimo.com/fuel_demo_diesel.htm

coachgeo

Postby David » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:25 am

Good old BioDiesel has an impressive list of things it will dissolve. I can't think of anything cheaper and probably more effective than using a bit of Bio every so often to keep the fuel system components clean.

I just had a problem with one of my petrol vehicles getting a lot of sludge in the oil pan and loosing oil pressure. It's a well known problem on these cars and the usual remedy requires lifting the engine to get the sump off and cleaning it and the pickup. Big, time consuming and not too easy job on these cars.

I filled the sump with Bio and let the car sit a few days. I drained the Bio and could straight away see the chunks of rubbish that came out. I gave it another application and then refilled with engine oil and hey, presto! Better oil pressure than it's had in some time.

I think Bio is a great cleaner and the best part is even if you have to buy it, its still cheap enough to run a tank through every month or 2 or throw some in to your oil as a regular cleaner.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby rkpatt » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:48 am

rkpatt wrote:Here is another link - http://www.dieselgiant.com/injectorcleaning.htm

I haven't tried that method with biodiesel .

I have done this with Power Service Diesel Kleen too . Also adding a qt of naptha to a few gallons ( 1/4 tank) of diesel works .
rkpatt

Postby drewkeen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm

VW 1.8t?

That's an interesting fix...I want to try it out on one now!

David wrote:Good old BioDiesel has an impressive list of things it will dissolve. I can't think of anything cheaper and probably more effective than using a bit of Bio every so often to keep the fuel system components clean.

I just had a problem with one of my petrol vehicles getting a lot of sludge in the oil pan and loosing oil pressure. It's a well known problem on these cars and the usual remedy requires lifting the engine to get the sump off and cleaning it and the pickup. Big, time consuming and not too easy job on these cars.

I filled the sump with Bio and let the car sit a few days. I drained the Bio and could straight away see the chunks of rubbish that came out. I gave it another application and then refilled with engine oil and hey, presto! Better oil pressure than it's had in some time.

I think Bio is a great cleaner and the best part is even if you have to buy it, its still cheap enough to run a tank through every month or 2 or throw some in to your oil as a regular cleaner.
drewkeen

Postby mortarsprayer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Thank you.
I will try a tank of BioD 100 and just ordered the lubro moly.
Nolan
Started life as chassis cab, 2WD automatic pos, converted to 4WD with 5 speed that pulls like a freight train.
mortarsprayer

Postby mortarsprayer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:03 pm

Hello Listers,
I have always been skeptical of any of the 'magic in a can' type of products.

Now is the first time I can say I am a believer. I just ran two cans of Lubro Molly Diesel purge through the Cummins. It actually took away some of the rattle noise and smoothed it out.

The directions suggested using a fuel hose and return right into the can. My conversion is similar to Sun's with the giant Cimtek filter on the alternative fuel side. It was quicker for me to replace the filter than to mess with hoses. I filled up a fresh Cimtek filter with two cans of the Diesel Purge and installed it. The truck started without needing a prime and began smoothing out very quickly.

I am going to buy a case of this stuff and use it to fill the fuel filters on all my diesel equipment during regular maintenance.

Has anyone else seen such good results?

Take care,
Nolan
Nolan
mortarsprayer

Postby coachgeo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:59 pm

mortarsprayer wrote:...Has anyone else seen such good results?...
Lubra Molly DP has been around a looong time. You will find no problem in finding many accounts of results like what you just wrote.

coachgeo

Postby John Galt » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Who has compared Lubra Molly DP with Seafoam, the other highly recommended fuel system cleaner?
John Galt

Postby mortarsprayer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Hello John,
I have not compared, but I am not sure how it could be any better than the Diesel Purge. Yesterday I had an embarrassing amount of smoke from extra fuel passing the injectors. After using the magic in a can, I have as little smoke as I have ever had with this truck.

I wonder if we have any smart guys on this list that can explaine how it works and what the ingredients do.
Naphtha (petroleum), hydrodesulfurized heavy.
CAS# 27247-96-7 2-ethylhexyl nitrate, CAS#68784-56-5 Benzene, Mono-C4-9-alkylderivatives.

Any ideas?
N.
Nolan
mortarsprayer

Postby coachgeo » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:46 pm

John Galt wrote:Who has compared Lubra Molly DP with Seafoam, the other highly recommended fuel system cleaner?
John, is Seafoam a fuel out of can like LM DP, or an add to tank type?

I honestly can't remember.

coachgeo

Postby John Galt » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:22 am

John Galt

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion