My centrifuge on TV in Arizona

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

My centrifuge on TV in Arizona

Postby Grease Student » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:24 pm

A local TV program filmed an install on a kit in a Ford F350 for me. They got in my filtering rig at the end.

Check it out here!!

http://www.roddinandracintv.com/latest_episode.php

I called the coolant temp sensor a fuel temp sensor in the film. My mistake.

Dave

www.veggiegarage.com
95 Dodge Ram...2 Tank...Veggiegarage.com
Grease Student

Postby dragonfly » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Any word about AZ Dept of Rev collecting road tax on the VO you have now announced you are using! Don't know if the AZ Hwy Patrol is handing out traffic tickets for "non payment of road tax". Would be interesting to hear from you in the coming months.
dragonfly

Postby Grease Student » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:06 pm

I have both been on channel 3 (major Phoenix TV) and in the Mesa Tribune about a year ago. I was on a local radio show a month ago. My truck is all signed up and I drive all over the state. Last weekend to the LA area and back. No problems.

While I do not sell oil I do have a centrifuge cleaning service that I advertise. The only reason I do not sell oil is the uncertainty of how to charge taxes.

If I do get pulled over I have Diesel in my main tank and it must be proven that I am runing on Veg "at that time."

I refuse to be afraid of trying to help find alternative ways of running our cars and trucks. If I get told I have to pay a tax I will......but I will get a LOT of good press in doing so.

Dave
Grease Student

Postby dragonfly » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:04 pm

Lived in Phx for over 30 yrs and let me tell you the AZ Hwy Patrol doesn't care about how popular you might be, but rather what laws are on the books that you are violating! You have another problem - AZ DOT, as in most states, can pull you over an inspect the fuel routing system if they suspect something. If the fuel lines deviate from the "factory routing" they you are again could be sited. Another way they check you is to "dip your tanks" to see what you are burning. I've driven down Interstate 5 and knew there was a veggie guy in front of me. I could smell the grease! Best of luck in AZ. Don't know what the arrangements to pay the road tax will be in AZ. I've heard the private company that delivers to Mc Donald's is now converting their trks with the grease from McDonalds. Best of luck.
dragonfly

Postby Grease Student » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

I did not mean to say or infer that I was popular. Just ment to say that I have not been low profile about this for over 2 years now and no problems so far. I do watch for and wait for the day.....like last week when one of those DPS trucks was behind me for a mile or so on I 10 about 20 miles inside of the Az border.

Dragonfly..How do you handle the issue??

Dave
Grease Student

Postby dragonfly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:26 pm

I don't have that problem anymore. I moved to the beach in CA! I do make several trips to Phx. each year. As with many of the Forums, most folks have kept their heads down and not called attention to themselves by removing WVO bumper stickers or any hint of the WVO movement. There will be time enough to "stand on the corner proclaiming your independence from the oil cartel". Give time to the AZ Legislature and they WILL enact a WVO tax for you .... Surprised, or maybe not, the AZ Greasers haven't jumped in with their good/bad experiences AZ state and local law enforcements. So far, there is nothing on the horizon for a CA road tax on VO that I'm aware of - YET. Arnold go caught up in the road tax situation with a newspaper reporter's story about his Hummer burning VO and for not paying the (non-existent) fuel road tax. His aide said, "Arnold will pay it". I checked with the folks who collect CA taxes and they don't, at the present, have any info. So far, so good. I do have a CA Grease Hauler license. Keep us all posted with future events.
dragonfly

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering