return line building to much pressure

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

return line building to much pressure

Postby fro10987 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Like everyone else I have plumbed t his system to replicate sunwizards. I am having a issue of when I change the return to loop it is building pressure and blowing fuel out of the injector 1/8" return line where it connects to my rubber line. It runs fine on D2 and remains fine long as I have the return going to the D2 tank. I have the return feeding back into the VO supply before the tank selector valve. Any ideas what I must have going wrong. It seems like it is pulling more than enough fuel from the VO tank which in turn is not allowing the return fuel t o enter the line. I guess I will need to take the lines back off and try to make sure everything is going the correct direction, I am pretty sure it is but while double checking the graphics I thought I would go ahead and post to see if maybe I am just having a momeatry lapse of reasoning. :roll:

DOH it was a MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASONING OR JUST A DUMB ERROR.
NEVERMIND ME
fro10987

Postby SunWizard » Sat May 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Double check your plumbing. There shouldn't be pressure at the point since its before your lift pump. Could even be a slight vacuum there since its sucking VO from the tank. Where do you have the injector drain connected to? Where do you have the IP return connected to?
Add another hose clamp to the connection, make sure you got the right size of hose, and stop the leak.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database