controlled loop for vw and dodge dump kit?

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

controlled loop for vw and dodge dump kit?

Postby gary » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am

I have an 02 vw golf with a fff system two valve setup with full return. My kit manufacture for some reason does not recomend the use of a third valve and the controlled loop. Could it be because my filter is on the vacuum side?
I am preparing to start ordering parts for my 12 valve conversion following suns method..still not decided if im going with manual or electric valves, and if it is better for my vw pump to go with the third valve I was considering de installing the tih return and using it in the dodge. Any thoughts?
I was also considering a pierce dump kit that installs underneath to make my dodge a dump bed but have to decide that now because it would have to be done 1st and I would have to install a rear tank for a 96 powerstroke underneath the spare tire and make that my diesel tank and use my stock tank for vo. Has any one installed a dump kit?
gary

Re: controlled loop for vw and dodge dump kit?

Postby SunWizard » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 am

gary wrote:I have an 02 vw golf with a fff system two valve setup with full return. My kit manufacture for some reason does not recomend the use of a third valve and the controlled loop. Could it be because my filter is on the vacuum side?

It depends on the plumbing, I would need to see a diagram of it. Looped is better since you get more heat to the VO, and less to the tank.
I am preparing to start ordering parts for my 12 valve conversion following suns method..still not decided if im going with manual or electric valves, and if it is better for my vw pump to go with the third valve I was considering de installing the tih return and using it in the dodge. Any thoughts?

My return on VO is always looped so I don't need TiH on it since its a short section of hose. The TiH from your VW is probably too short for use on the Cummins.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion