Wedge shaped tank for sedans

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Wedge shaped tank for sedans

Postby VegMeister » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 am

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a medium-capacity (20gal would be nice) tank for newish (1-9 years old) sedans (Skoda/vw, mercs) and have basically settled on putting it in the trunk. I would like to conserve as much trunk space as I can, but use the wasted space behind the rear passenger seat (because the seat is at an angle). I'm therefore looking for a wedge shaped tank. I've searched the forums, infopop, oceanlinkinc.com, and everywhere else I can think on the internet. The closest I can come up with is this:

https://mercedessource.com/node/6550

Which seems like an OK design but I was thinking it would be better to have it perfectly horizontal on the back part of the tank, with the wedge slope being for the angle of the passenger seat. I would also like to find a tank with HDPE or some other suitable plastic. I am looking at buying a dozen or so immediately with plans for maybe a LOT more so if you guys have any contacts with plastic tank people, please pass my info on to them perhaps I need to make a custom plastic tank for this? Any links/info/ideas?
centralvalleybiodiesel CF
1993 GMC Sierra K2500 6.5L + homebuilt veg kit, OEM glowplug failure (update: rebuilt with a 6.2 block, working fine)
1988 Ford 6.9L OEM dual tank, 90+% veg oil blend.
1989 Ford 7.3L, 80+% veg oil blend.
VegMeister

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion