suggestions of a good diesel p/u truck

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

suggestions of a good diesel p/u truck

Postby carybrief » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:37 am

I am currently running wvo in an 85 mb300sd - 3 years now. good strong engine, although the trans just seems to run slow. guess that is the way these cars run. I am tried of getting pulled over - guess the old car just gets their attention. I get followed almost every night here in NC. very tired of it, plus I need a truck so I am asking for suggestions of a good diesel p/u truck to look for. my pockets are not very deep but I have time to look - just wondering if some engines are better than others for these conversions. any suggestions would be much appreciated. Again thanks for all your help on this forum - a great place to learn. Cary
carybrief

Postby SunWizard » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 am

Last edited by SunWizard on Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Re: suggestions of a good diesel p/u truck

Postby coachgeo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 pm

carybrief wrote: I am tried of getting pulled over - guess the old car just gets their attention. I get followed almost every night here in NC. very tired of it, ... Cary
save some money. Get a small utility trailer to tow for when you need a truck.

Take a picture of your MB. Doccument EVERY time they follow you and when they stop you. Badge numbers etc etc. After a few months take it to the police station and request to speak to the station captain. Not approaching it as a complaint but more of a... "thank you for your dilegence. Here is a pic of my car.... and the numerous times I've been stopped and followed. Here is my address, copy of my drivers liscence, insurance, where I work (or go to school) etc etc. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call me".

Odds all they will sorta just be stunned... and start leaving you alone.
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database