Different C/F manufactures

Collecting, filtering and dewatering of WVO SVO vegetable oil. For Biodiesel producers too.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Different C/F manufactures

Postby Bones » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 pm

Hi all,

What a great site!

Well laid out with a ton of info which I have made full use of and want to purchase my own c/f kit here in the UK.

There are two c/f suppliers that I am aware of in the UK which offer good packages at a good price.

When I contacted http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/SE ... =add&page=

they mentioned that all of the c/f untis are made in the US by the same company and re-branded when they receive them?

I wanted to use a Diesel Craft unit based on the excellent posts by Sun Wizard but they are quite a bit more expensive here in the UK and the kits are not as comprehensive as others. It would be good to know if they are the cheaper ones are the same though, any ideas?

The supplier I would like to use is http://www.oilybits.com/centrifuges/cat_144.html due to the detailed write up and the fact they are all veg heads themselves
:D

Any help greatly appreciated,

David
Bones

Postby SunWizard » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:18 am

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Those both look the same as a dieselcraft, and use a similar numbering system. I think the CFs are made in china (or other low cost place.) What may vary most between suppliers is support after the sale for parts, etc.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Re: Different C/F manufactures

Postby David » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:34 am

Bones wrote:
they mentioned that all of the c/f untis are made in the US by the same company and re-branded when they receive them?

The Diesel Craft CF's are made about 2KM down the road from me.... In Sydney Australia by a company called Interfill.

If DC are re-branding them, they must be getting the poor little CF"s pretty confused with changing their names twice! :lol:

Annoying and typically, It would be cheaper for be to bring one of theses units back here to the very place they originate from if I bought it from the states than what the company down the road who make and export them will sell them to me for.

The lunacy of that is the reason I don't own one!
:evil:

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Postby Bones » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome and replies,

I will give them a call and see if I can get anymore information before purchasing - the one from Stationary Engine co seemed to resemble the Diesel Craft unit with its blue cover and aluminium base, the base on the Oilybits looked a bit thinner?

These things work at a heck of a pace and to save a few pounds buying a copy would be false economy.

I'll keep you posted of the outcome.

David
Bones

Return to Vegetable oil Collecting, Filtering and Dewatering