VO Workshops and Sustainable Fair, WVO cars on display

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

VO Workshops and Sustainable Fair, WVO cars on display

Postby SunWizard » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 am

I am again doing hands-on workshops on WVO conversions and filtering at the Sustainable Living Fair, 9-19/20-2009. There will be WVO converted vehicles on display, including mine and others, and my Dieselcraft Centrifuge rig. If you are near Northern CO, check it out, its got fun, inspiring speakers, bands, >50 workshops, 250 vendors, solar, wind, veg. oil, biodiesel, food, and beer!
More info at
http://www.sustainablelivingassociation.org/thefair/

Workshop description:
Learn how to convert your diesel car or truck to run on free waste vegetable oil (SVO/WVO) with the flip of a switch. We will cover the stock function of the diesel fuel system and its transformation to WVO. We will compare several popular kits, and show how to create your own. The "how to" of basic wiring, valves, controls, and different options for plumbing. Learn how to build a centrifuge rig to de-water and filter in 1 step, and other filter methods, and testing for water. Several converted vehicles will be available to study. Designed for the beginner to the professional mechanic or layperson.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

greetings

Postby RECYCLER » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:21 pm

I met you at the sustainable living fair, My name is Jason and I told you a little about my converted full size skoolie. Just wanted to say hi and tell you I think your site is greatly organized and comes across as a pro show all the way. Maybe next year I'll bring "Big Blue" down for the fair and at least let you take a look at her. The second or third week of april I'll be putting on another "Veggin at the Basin" beach party. Last year we had a solar powered hottub buried in the snow(109 degrees without insulation all day), solar music, fine libations and finer food. This was supported by the Arapahoe Basin mountain and we have been asked back. Good folks if ya like to ski or not. I will be frequenting your site often and thanks for doing what you do! RECYCLER
Use it up , wear it out, make it do, or do without!
RECYCLER

Postby SunWizard » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi glad you found this place and like it. The A basin party sounds fun, please post a thread here when the date gets near. I have been skiing in CO for 42 years.

I have a solar heated hot tub at my house (with wood fired backup.)
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby RECYCLER » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 pm

I'm thinking of working a solar/wood hottub into my greenhouse designs for the spring project I'll be undertaking. My goal is bananas at 10,000 ft......I WILL make it a reality.........I hope! hehe!.....I will by all means be pumping up the veggin party as it grows near. RECYCLER
Use it up , wear it out, make it do, or do without!
RECYCLER

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion