Fittings for top of rci tank?

A description and pics of your SVO WVO Vegetable Oil conversion, help the next person who gets that model.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

Fittings for top of rci tank?

Postby gary » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:01 am

Hello Sun, We finally started my truck conversion and found that I do not have fittings for the top of my fuel cell...(same as yours) I want to come out on a 90 to keep it as low as possible..where do you suggest to get those fittings? Thanks
gary

Postby SunWizard » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:10 am

I got mine from summit racing, same place I got the tank. The 2 coolant lines I ccouldn't use 90s since the aluminum tube has to pass through the fitting, see my pics in the conversion thread. The rubber hose attached to the aluminum tube can be bent enough that I can still put my camper over the hoses, it clears the tank by about 5".
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Can't Find Fittings for Tank

Postby gary » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Sun, summit does not stock a 8an female to 3/8 compression. Can u please tell me where I can find one? Or how you did yours? (can I use 1/2 regular with a lot of teflon?).

thanks,
Gary
gary

Postby SunWizard » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:01 pm

For the pickup I got an AN fitting that went to pipe thread then attached a home depot brass compression elbow to it.

For the other 2 ports I used a home depot pipe thread compression fitting, with silicone sealant since it doesn't match the AN thread exactly, but its good enough for that spot with no pressure/suction.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to Veggie Oil Conversion Vehicle Database