smallist home brewed babington

Space Heating with SVO WVO Vegetable Oil Biofuel.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

smallist home brewed babington

Postby coachgeo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:57 am

what do you folk think about this little whipper snapper. Me likes

http://www.youtube.com/user/OilBurner2008
Life; It's all in the Balance

coachgeo

Postby David » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm

I like the perforated tube idea. This would allow for much cleaner burning by retaining the flame and allowing any larger droplets evident in the Vid to burn.

I'm not much on the babbington design as it requires a lot of outside resources and energy input. No wonder it was used by the Army! Many designs on Youtube produce lazy, smoky flames that would be quite useless to put to any practical work.

My next burner is going to work with blown air only using a similar type of perforated tube with another tube around the outside to retain enough heat for the perforated tube to vapourise the oil to allow it to burn. I'm thinking of pre-heating with gas and then changing to oil once the burner is up to temp.

If there is a hot surface, the oil can just be fed through the air supply and will be blown in without the need to spray it. I beleive the design I'm thinking of should only require a Blower ad gravity feed and could use a 12V Blower and therefor be very portable.

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Return to Vegetable Oil Space Heating