XP3 fuel additive

Single Tank WVO systems and blending SVO WVO to thin it.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

XP3 fuel additive

Postby djenkins6 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:48 am

Someone was telling me about this amazing fuel additive... says his truck gets 24mpg where he was getting 19mpg before, and his wife's care went from 18 to 28mpg. Apparently its been around for 20 years, if it is so good why haven't we all heard of it, or maybe you have.

http://www.xplab.com/home.html

http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/xa88co_ ... el-ad_auto

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafMNR4.html

Any opinions on this stuff... does it work? does it damage engines? Wouldn't dispersing water cause it to go through injection pump and damage injection pump as the first thing we learned in vegetable oil use was to get the water out? If it does work, could we add it to straight vegetable oil too?

It is listed on this government website as an additive but nothing as to its efficiency etc.

http://www.epa.gov/oms/regs/fuels/additive/web-addt.htm

David
1981 300SD
1989 Dodge D250 Cummins
djenkins6

Postby John Galt » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:00 pm

It is more effective to build a cage for the snake in the engine compartment. That way when the engine is hot the huile de serpent drips right into the air intake. Trap mice and feed them to the snake; the system is green, renewable, and slicker than snail snot.
John Galt

Postby djenkins6 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Top Gear once did a segment on the effectiveness of the chains or straps that people attach to the rear of their cars, dragging on the ground to get rid of static. The conclusion was that wolf's droppings would be just as effective!

I'm guessing that the conclusion here is that this stuff falls into the same category and a wolf's droppings would be a cheaper way to achieve nothing.
1981 300SD
1989 Dodge D250 Cummins
djenkins6

Postby SunWizard » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 am

This XP3 fuel additive is multi level marketing, so I bet it will keep popping up. This sales method also means that there is an army of thousands of bottom-level sales people, all with a financial stake in the success of the product, who will pop up whenever it is discussed on Forums and newsgroups and say how marvelous the XP3 is or write glowing "independent" reviews of it.

These types of scams appear regularly, until some attorney general steps in and shuts them and their distributors down. Then they pop up with a new name. Here are some examples of recent similar scams:
BioPerformance Gas Pill
Bio Plus Fuel
HHO, hydrogen electrolysis, browns gas

Be skeptical about additives and devices that claim to boost your mileage. EPA has tested over 100 of them—everything from mixture “enhancers” to fuel line magnets—and none offered substantial savings. Some devices may even damage your engine or increase emissions. See:
FTC Warns Internet Marketers about Making Misleading Claims about the Benefits of Gas-Saving and Other Energy-Related Devices

The reason I brought up this old thread is that 4 people in the last few days have come to this forum by searching on XP3 additive. Maybe they will stay around and learn about a real way to save money on fuel: WVO.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Re: XP3 fuel additive

Postby Greggo1 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:06 pm

XP3 is the only multifunctional fuel enhancer on the market, and the reason why not too many people know about its 25 year existence, is because it's only been available to the American public since 2010, although it is American-made. It has only been available overseas to large commercial companies with massive fleets. It has never harmed a single engine in the existence of this product. Nothing compares to this, and you literally spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a year by NOT using this product.
Greggo1

Re: XP3 fuel additive

Postby dave1664 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Have any of you actually used any of this product yet ? All I know is we are testing Xp3 in several vehicles. Don's Dry Dock Marina Inc. is a Mercury marine, Certified Boat repair shop. It belongs to myself and my family. We have been in business since 1980. We have test vehicles currently pounding the ground with Xp3 fuel additive in the tanks. Most of you have your theory's of what you think, but we have hard evidence that points to Xp3 doing more than the company states. if you really want to know, Test it for yourselves. We have 835 plus miles on the 2003 Chevrolet Malibu V6 and so far have picked up just under 4 MPG. The 1992 Southwind 37' motorhome, 454 engine, now has just under 900 miles with this product and is saving the owner .83 cents per gallon. We are testing motorcycles, a semi truck and 3 diesel pick-up trucks, and a few other small/medium sized cars and 3 Cadillac's. I will keep you all posted. So far this additive looks promising. We will soon be testing Xp3 in a vegetable oil based diesel fuel. My professional background in mechanics makes me very skeptical of fuel additives. I think this one is going to actually be the one that truly works for every car. It never hurts to help clean up our emissions. If this interests you, or if you would like to ask about our test results, you're welcome to call us. we are located in Yakima Wa. 509-452-4440
dave1664

Return to Single Tank Systems and Blending