3 way valve flow

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

3 way valve flow

Postby sonofthesun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Sunwizard~

Does your diagram show the flow of the diesel/veggie correctly on the 3-way valves?

Is there a more detailed way to show the flow of the 3-way valves?

Thank you very much
sonofthesun

Re: 3 way valve flow

Postby SunWizard » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:42 pm

sonofthesun wrote:Sunwizard~
Does your diagram show the flow of the diesel/veggie correctly on the 3-way valves?

Yes.
Is there a more detailed way to show the flow of the 3-way valves?

No. Its already color coded with arrows showing direction, what more did you have in mind?
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby sonofthesun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:49 pm

i've been having my dad help me with the install from the beginning. He insists that the way your diagram shows the flow, it does not work with the 3-way valves.

If we follow your diagram exactly, for example, it looks like you've got Veggie coming out of the bottom of the 3 ports on every valve. Is this correct?

I've been trying to tell my dad over and over again that we need to follow your diagram exaclty for the system to work but he refuses to listen to me.

Thanks again for all your help, this has been a frustrating mess working with my dad.

peace,
Eric
sonofthesun

Postby sonofthesun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 pm

My dad says this:

"I can't seem to get flow from side to side, like from diesel coming in on the side of the 3-way valve and exiting to the other side"

I say we hook up the valve the same way you have it on the diagram but he doesn't think that works.

Thanks man
sonofthesun

Postby paulkrohn1 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:53 pm

I understand some of your confusion. When I was plumbing my valves I had to reference SunWizards's diagram several times. Once you understand the system and the directions both fuel flow the light will come on and then you'll laugh because it was so simple. I also cut a short piece of hose to put on the valve ports and blew through them to be sure the flow was correct.
98 12 Valve, BHAF, Fuel Plate, conversion in-process
paulkrohn1

Postby dragonfly » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm

sonofthesun - Most valves are marked with two letters "NO" and "NC" on either side. "NO" means "normally open" and the "NC" means "normally closed". As stated before, blow air through each oriface to confirm the "NO" for the diesel input - NC for the VO input. Apply 12 VDC to it and the NC oriface should be opened. Hope this helps.
dragonfly

Postby SunWizard » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 pm

sonofthesun wrote:If we follow your diagram exactly, for example, it looks like you've got Veggie coming out of the bottom of the 3 ports on every valve. Is this correct?

No. See the arrows for flow directions. Every type of 3 way has slightly different ports, "bottom" has no meaning since they are mounted in any direction. Blowing through them to understand what direction flow is going is an easy way to get it.

The tank valve is 2 lines in 1 out, the other 2 valves are 1 in, 2 out. (same valves for all 3.)
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion