2nd Tank placement in 1985 Mercedes 300TD WAGON

For discussing the modifications needed for diesel vehicles to run with 2 tank veggie oil conversions.

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

2nd Tank placement in 1985 Mercedes 300TD WAGON

Postby Veggiemobilelady » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 am

I'm going to convert my Lovecrap one tank system to a GoldenFuel 2 tank system (Trekker). I need advice from those of you who have done this.
#1. Where did you place the tank? I'm concerned about voiding the wagon's utility by not being able to fold down the seats.
#2. How did you attach the tank so that it doesn't free wheel around the back of the car?
#3. How do you run the fuel lines from the 2nd tank up into the engine? (I haven't received the kit yet)

Many thanks.[/b]
Veggiemobilelady

Re: 2nd Tank placement in 1985 Mercedes 300TD WAGON

Postby SunWizard » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:27 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Veggiemobilelady wrote:#1. Where did you place the tank? I'm concerned about voiding the wagon's utility by not being able to fold down the seats.

On the left side behind the 2nd row seat. I did lose the ability to use the 3rd row seat but most don't like the 3rd row anyway since its facing backwards with low headroom.
#2. How did you attach the tank so that it doesn't free wheel around the back of the car?

Ratcheting tie down straps through the floor.
#3. How do you run the fuel lines from the 2nd tank up into the engine?

Through the floor then protected inside the tunnel next to the driveshaft to avoid damage, since I live on a 4wd road.
YVORMV - Your veg. oil results may vary.
95 Dodge Cummins 4x4 SVO WVO conversion.
81 Mercedes 300D- stock and happy on V80/D20 blend.
Low fossil net zero house- 100% solar power and heat.
SunWizard
Site Admin

Postby merk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 am

Hi

We put the tank in the rear, held in place with some strapping, running the lines thru the interior along the passanger rocker panel, nice in winter, no supercooling from underside placement or insulation required. Heated filter is back there too.

Merk
merk

Postby jburke » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 pm

too late.
jburke

Return to 2 Tank veggie oil conversion and General discussion