Politics of WVO, legal aspects, emissions

Moderators: SunWizard, coachgeo

eco-activist driving a WVO bus around the world arrested

Postby djenkins6 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:56 am

1981 300SD
1989 Dodge D250 Cummins
djenkins6

Postby jburke » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 pm

I just briefly read his story. This guy is great.
He's in a scary position. India could put him away for 10 years for nothing.
He's not looking for money or sympathy, but boy, he's somebody for whom we should be throwing a parade instead of scraping together legal fees.
I don't think I'll ever go to India. It's still 3rd world.
jburke

Postby David » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:42 am

The Indian Government recently had a dummy spit at Australia because some Indian students were beat up in one of our Cities.
They were advising and complaining that Australia was not a safe place for its Citizens to Visit.

I have never been to India but I know several people that have including an Indian guy I work with, and from all accounts, its a pretty dangerous place and there is not a lot of respect or enforcement of the law in a lot of parts either.

I live a few miles from one of the most statistically dangerous streets in oz and walked down there the other day without a concern. I also collect oil from a couple of places there in the back alleys and have never come close to a problem. I certainly wouldn't be doing that in one of the most dangerous streets of India that's for sure!!

Geez these people that complain about a place far better than their own make me laugh!

It's the same for everyone, if you don't like someplace, don't complain, stay away!!!

:roll:

I don't give a damn about what might or could happen until a significant group of people can tell me it HAS happened to them.
Until then, it's just more endless gloom and doom Veg folk law.
David

Return to Politics of WVO